Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help: Hdd Restore After Openbsd Install
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Model Specific Forums > C1000/3x00 General discussions
Mac
Hi everybody, I have a problem with my C3000. I tried installing OpenBsd using the ipk, but encountered some errors while installing OpenBsd. Now I want to delete everything OpenBsd related on my zaurus, so decided to completely restore the zaurus back to japanese. Every time I reboot now (even after restoring) I get the openbsd bootloader asking to boot openbsd or linux. how do I get rid of this? I was searching in de Diagnotsics Menu and found a HDD restore option, is this wat I'm looking for? thanks in advance for helping me to restore my zaurus!
bam
no that is not what you are looking for, have you done a flash restore? If not then get a caopy from trisoft.de and reflash to stock.
Mac
QUOTE(bam @ Oct 1 2005, 06:03 PM)
no that is not what you are looking for, have you done a flash restore? If not then get  a caopy from trisoft.de and reflash to stock.

I tried flashing it again to jp 1.11, but didn't work (som kanji error) (maybe cause I already have 1.11), then tried to do a nand restore, so I downloaded the correct file from trisoft, but when I choose update NAND, i get some weird error "can not initialize SD card". any other tips or help? I hate it that every time i reboot I have the openbsd screen... Thank you again for your help!
Mac
I tried it using another card (CF thin time), I boot into the service menu, choose NAND restore and press OK. I get the folowing error:

NAND restore from CF

file: SYSTC300.DBK
not exist file

does anyone have an idea what this means?

I also noticed when the zaurus reboots into the OpenBSD bootloader, there is an error:
/hda4 : /etc/boot.conf error
Mac
Maybe this can help someone else; I solved this by installing the OpenBSD 3.8 .ipk, install, reboot, en then removing the ipk...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.