Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wmv Formatting Or Mplayer -- Help Please!
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Model Specific Forums > C1000/3x00 General discussions
The_Poet
Hi Everyone,

A while back I posted here mentioning that I could not get movies to work on my Zaurus. I was given two really good suggestions:

1. Use the site at http://www.double.co.nz/zaurus/ to encode movies to WMV format.

2. Use Mplayer and KINO2 to play movies of all formats.

Well, I tried the second option and still could not get movies to work. So I tried option 1

I downloaded Windows Media Encoder and followed the directions at the website...and it worked like hot spit! I converted a lot of movies and put them on my Zaurus to watch on the plane ride to Canada and back this summer. While in Canada, I bought a new laptop, and sold my old one. I get back to Korea and download Windows Media Encoder to start encoding larger movies to be used with my 1 Gb card.

But something was wrong. The new Windows Media Encoder available for download is not the same one I was using and does not give the same options for video and audio.

So what I am asking is...does anyone have an older version of Windows Media Encoder that I can download, or does anyone have a better working solution for the Mplayer/Kino2 problems?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Poet
Da_Blitz
i personly recomend virtual dub for high quality resalts but you have to know what you are doing, there should be some info on www.doom9.org for both windows media and virtual dub but as far as i can tell windows media is not really a respected format over there
Greg2
QUOTE(The_Poet @ Oct 4 2005, 04:22 AM)
or does anyone have a better working solution for the Mplayer/Kino2 problems?

I'm not sure what your problems are and I seldom use windows anymore, but in a thread here somewhere maslovsky suggested using the PocketDivXEncoder. I've tried this and have found it works very well for me.

Greg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.