QUOTE(nobody29 @ Oct 26 2005, 02:57 AM)
i still need to figure out how to reformat my zaurus back to factory condition. i made a thread about it before, but got answers that i didn't understand. i don't know much about the unit.
secondly, where can i locate the serial number on the actual unit?
thanks a lot.
A. factory defaults:
From my notes it can be done this way:
1. Remove battery and AC power
2. Reconnect battery and AC power, do not forget to lock battery with switch again
3. Press and hold OK and switch unit on with On/Off switch on the front
4. A Japanese menu appears
5. Choose 3. (Reset / Erase)
6. Choose 1. (normal, 2 is enhanced, which wipes the hard disk completely but needs a few hours)
(7. probably confirm with "Y" or so)
--> Do this all at your own risk! I have never tried it myself!
B. Serial number:
Mine is on a sticker on the back above the battery switch (an 8-digit number).
However, this sticker can easily be removed, so if you do not have one, probably someone has removed it already (or moved it to another location - maybe under the battery?)