Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sl-c3100
OESF Forums > General Forums > General Support and Discussion > Deals and Great Z Buys
lemur
I was doing some research on the SL-C3100. While reading about it on Dynamism it said, "The Zaurus OS has been approximately 97% converted from Japanese to English, so some incidental pull-down menus are not readable." So i got to wondering. GeekStuff4U
says "(English OS)". Does that mean it is converted 100%? Or would it be the same one that i could get from PriceJapan at a cheaper price? I was hoping to get some feedback from customers of either of these sites. Also, I was curious about what all comes with the C3100? What kind of cables/manuals/etc... Both websites seem to be lacking that information. I am sure that they don't just send the actual PDA and nothing else. I was going to send e-mails to both companies, but I figured it would be easier and more informative to get the feedback of actual customers. Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
bam
look at the photo, it still has the Japanese input button, I say that its just a localization change is all. Short answer, yes its english, no not 100%. But dont worry the apps that you will use that have japanese in them can be replaced by other "better" apps.

Personally I recommend streamlinecpus, they have warrenty help if you need it. If you dont need it and cas is an issue go to pricejapan. But like I said the service is exceptional over at streamline.
kurochka
QUOTE(lemur @ Oct 28 2005, 07:35 PM)
I was doing some research on the SL-C3100.  While reading about it on Dynamism it said, "The Zaurus OS has been approximately 97% converted from Japanese to English, so some incidental pull-down menus are not readable."  So i got to wondering.  GeekStuff4U
says "(English OS)".  Does that mean it is converted 100%?  Or would it be the same one that i could get from PriceJapan at a cheaper price?  I was hoping to get some feedback from customers of either of these sites.  Also, I was curious about what all comes with the C3100?  What kind of cables/manuals/etc...  Both websites seem to be lacking that information.  I am sure that they don't just send the actual PDA and nothing else.  I was going to send e-mails to both companies, but I figured it would be easier and more informative to get the feedback of actual customers.  Any information is greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

I think your question could get more responses if you posted it in cx000 general discussion section not in the Deals section
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.