Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OZ 3.3.5 kernel memory allocation
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > Angstrom & OpenZaurus
darin3200
I decided to try the new version of Open zaurus, 3.3.5. I got the kernel with 52 MB memory and 12 MB of storage for the SL-5500. Once the ram is flashed the system info shows 32mb memory and package manager shows that I have 32mb ram to install programs. Does anyone have any ideas what is going on?
Thanks
lardman
This is not what should happen. It looks like you've accidentally flashed a 32-32 image. Whether it was your mistake or the files are linked wrongly on openzaurus.org, I don't know, but if it's the latter I'm sure they'll be interested to hear about it.

Si

P.S. Check that it couldn't be a failed flash (of both kernel & fs is possible I suppose but you'd notice that, more possible is that the kernel wasn't flashed and you still have your old one - rule this out if the old one wasn't 2.4.18 etc.)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.