Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which Kernel Supports Wpa
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Model Specific Forums > 6000 - Tosa
DrWowe
I've compiled and installed the wpa_supplicant program, but it's clear that the wireless drivers in the kernel are too old to support this. So, I need to upgrade my kernel. Do any of the 3rd party kernels support WPA in the Prism2 driver?
Hrw
OZ support WPA atleast for prism2 CF cards (if they have firmware 1.7.0 or newer).

I don't know how things look with sl-6000 internal wifi.
DrWowe
QUOTE(Hrw @ Oct 30 2005, 01:48 PM)
OZ support WPA atleast for prism2 CF cards (if they have firmware 1.7.0 or newer).

I just tried out OpenZaurus 3.5.3. The internal WiFi uses the prism2_usb driver.

Unfortunately, I get "ioctl[PRISM2_IOCTL_PRISM2_PARAM]: Function not implemented" messages from wpa_supplicant.

Has anyone gotten WPA to work on the 6000 internal WiFi? Any ROM, any kernel, please share!
adf
There was discussion of wpa in the guylhem rom section. I think guylhem posted a how to... but not sure
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.