Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cacko 1.23 Yippee!
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Model Specific Forums > C1000/3x00 General discussions
wmadan
Just flashed the full Cacko ROM on my C1K. It is fabulous.

Thanks to everyone who worked on this!

Bill
juanitomaille
i'm currently waiting for C3K version
i'm patient
i'm patient
i'm patient
i'm patient
i'm patient
AAAARGGG!

biggrin.gif
mtnkill
For the 1K, do we truly need to resize FLASH to 32K? If so, why? What are the ramifications?
wmadan
QUOTE(mtnkill @ Oct 31 2005, 11:40 AM)
For the 1K, do we truly need to resize FLASH to 32K?  If so, why?  What are the ramifications?

The first time I flashed the ROM I chose 121 as the size of the root partition, thinking it was the same as the pdaXrom. I got an error when the ROM was booting. So, I reflashed this time choosing 32MB as the size of the root partition and everything worked.

Bill
chiark
You need to have the root set as a minimum of 32MB. By default,the z is partitioned for a root of 64MB if I understand correctly, so you'll be losing 32MB of user data space if you don't set it at 32MB.

Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Nick.
speculatrix
woohoo! I see cacko 1.23 for the Sl-C860 too.

I will mirror the files on my newly created site at http://www.zaurus.org.uk
nilch
Goodwork.

Now my 1GB USB Stick auto-mounts - Wow ! (on the Full version - the Lite version doesnt seem to have the modules for auto-mounting USB memory).

Got to check out the Wifi card (Symbol) on it now...
Thanks maslovsky - worth the wait...
datajerk
QUOTE(speculatrix @ Oct 31 2005, 04:23 PM)
woohoo! I see cacko 1.23 for the Sl-C860 too.

I will mirror the files on my newly created site at http://www.zaurus.org.uk

Where is the main download site w/ documentation for Cacko 1.23 for the c860. I do not see it on cacko.biz.

Thanks.
beresmed
Where is the main download site w/ documentation for Cacko 1.23 for the c860. I do not see it on cacko.biz.

Thanks.

[/quote]

Here it is:

http://my-zaurus.narod.ru/cacko.html

smile.gif
speculatrix
QUOTE(speculatrix @ Oct 31 2005, 11:23 PM)
I will mirror the files on my newly created site at www.zaurus.org.uk

mirroring completed - follow the download link in left nav bar.
craigtyson
QUOTE(speculatrix @ Nov 1 2005, 11:31 AM)
QUOTE(speculatrix @ Oct 31 2005, 11:23 PM)
I will mirror the files on my newly created site at www.zaurus.org.uk

mirroring completed - follow the download link in left nav bar.

Cant see a link? cheers
speculatrix
QUOTE(craigtyson @ Nov 1 2005, 03:04 PM)
Cant see a link? cheers

download on left side, then follow cacko-1.23 in the file list
chiark
Still not there...

Left hand nav bar says:
Last update - 20051007-02

Table Of Contents

Coming soon
# Summary

And that's it!
speculatrix
QUOTE(chiark @ Nov 1 2005, 05:02 PM)
Still not there...

Left hand nav bar says:
Last update - 20051007-02

Table Of Contents

Coming soon
# Summary

And that's it!

try SHIFT-reload, or, maybe right mouse in left hand frame and reload... the website is not very beautiful (actually, it's crap, as my previous hosting arrangement required me to use frames, so I will be getting rid of frames very soon).
craigtyson
Nope not there..... got a url to the mirror?
speculatrix
QUOTE(speculatrix @ Nov 1 2005, 05:11 PM)
try SHIFT-reload, or, maybe right mouse in left hand frame and reload... the website is not very beautiful (actually, it's crap, as my previous hosting arrangement required me to use frames, so I will be getting rid of frames very soon).

I apologise for this; for some reason, the site reverted to a previously uploaded one... which I really don't understand. It's fixed now. The download section is directly available from
http://www.zaurus.org.uk/download
rickvin
I also eagerly await the release of 1.23 for the C3K. I loaded the b version as soon as I got my machine and I have not been disappointed, much. Just the glitch with the low res switching causing a reboot thing. If patience is a virtue than I feel like a saint but I am haveing unsaintly thoughts about haveing to wait what seems like forever.
Thanks in advance for all your work.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.