Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How To Mount Automatically Hdd4 After Reboot?
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Model Specific Forums > C1000/3x00 General discussions
GadgetGuy
I have split my hdd3 into two: hdd3 - vfat and hdd4 - ext2.

I have entered hdd4 into /etc/fstab.

All works fine.

When I reboot however, I need to do

CODE
su
mount -a

for hdd4 to show up.

( HDD4 shows up as "CF" on the files tab... however when I want to do a system backup to CF, the Z tells me correctly that there is no CF card...)

What can I do, to have hdd4 automatically mounted during the boot? ( I have installed Meanie's current automounter package - but that did not help...)

Thanks for any ideas!
bam
you need to edit the startup scripts to mount the drive. "rc.rofilesys"
Meanie
QUOTE(bam @ Nov 1 2005, 12:39 PM)

This can get a bit tricky since /hdd4 can get detected as /dev/hda4 or /dev/hdc4 depending on whether you have a CF card plugged in or not during boot. The next release of my automounter package (0.4.4) will automatically mount /hdd4 if its detected.
GadgetGuy
QUOTE(Meanie @ Nov 1 2005, 01:49 AM)
QUOTE(bam @ Nov 1 2005, 12:39 PM)

This can get a bit tricky since /hdd4 can get detected as /dev/hda4 or /dev/hdc4 depending on whether you have a CF card plugged in or not during boot. The next release of my automounter package (0.4.4) will automatically mount /hdd4 if its detected.

Thank you bam, thank you meanie.

Meanie: would you have an idea, when the new automounter package will be released? Thank you for your work on it...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.