Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help! Wlan Not Working
OESF Forums > General Forums > General Support and Discussion > Security and Networking
snufkin
I've just got a Pretec wlan card and plugged into my C760 w/ cacko rom 1.22a.

At first, I've got the card recognized and created a network connection "any".

But it just can't connect and after a while just dropped out.

Then I tried to reboot but after reboot, the network connection icon at the taskbar disappeared! When I kicked in the network connection, it just has the "connect" button dim.

sad.gif

anyone can help? sad.gif
snufkin
some more info: when I do cardctl status, the card status is suspended. I've tried reset the card but status unchange.

i don't believe I've damaged my card just by simple reboot! mad.gif any thing i can try?
seinfield
The ESSID to "any" does not works.

Write the correct ESSID and try to connect.

And the same thing happens on mi c700 after a reboot with the wifi inside. just remove and reinsert (with the remove icon), and the connection icon will appear.
snufkin
QUOTE(seinfield @ Nov 4 2005, 08:29 AM)
The ESSID to "any" does not works.

Write the correct ESSID and try to connect.

And the same thing happens on mi c700 after a reboot with the wifi inside. just remove and reinsert (with the remove icon), and the connection icon will appear.

Thanks seinfield.

I've tried a correct ESSID but it did not work. Don't know whether this is a compatibility issue between my Pretec wifi and Planex wireless router.

BTW, I still cannot make the connection icon appear. Though I managed to kick the card in by using cardctl scheme CardResume, the connection icon still disappeared. cardctl ident showed correct info. Here are what I've tried:

- reboot
- card reject and reinsert by using the remove icon and cardctl
- delete all other entries of hostap_cs.conf except my pretec card
- using cardctl scheme qpewlan0 to start the network connection

I suspect there is somewhere in the network connection program that has remembered incorrect card status.

mad.gif
snufkin
I've played around cardctl w/ my cf bt card and found that the network connection icon should appear when I used cardctl insert. I'm now narrowing down my investigation to "what are the steps for cardctl insert"?
snufkin
by luck, the network connection icon and connect button works again! tongue.gif

next, i need to connect the z to my wifi.....
snufkin
bingo! i finally get my z connecting to my home wifi!

a silly mistake: I've a space in my ESSID....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.