Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "true" Backup / Restore?
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Model Specific Forums > C1000/3x00 General discussions
GadgetGuy
Does anyone know of a true backup / restore solution for the Z?

Today, if I do a backup, I install zzz somewhere, and I do a restore, zzz will most likely still be there.

I am looking for a solution, where a restore would bring fully back the status as it was before. So everything I have installed BEFORE the backup should be there, but NOTHING should remain from what I have changed / installed after the backup.

Any ideas for a solution?
T-RuX
Hi baby...
Sorry for my english... is very bad....

The cacko rom have a good system for backup... but if it don't work for you... can use tar program and a hdd external or ssh tunnel for this wink.gif
"tar" can do any thing that you think wink.gif includes backup incrementals smile.gif
bam
hmm incremental backup...gives me ideas smile.gif
GadgetGuy
QUOTE(T-RuX @ Nov 3 2005, 04:15 PM)
Hi baby...
Sorry for my english... is very bad....

The cacko rom have a good system for backup... but if it don't work for you... can use tar program and a hdd external or ssh tunnel for this wink.gif
"tar" can do any thing that you think wink.gif includes backup incrementals smile.gif

Thank you. My question was more on the restore side... How can I make a restore so that anything which was installed / changed after I did the backup disappears? If I use tar to compress / decompress, that still wont remove stuff I installed after the backup...

Or am I mistaken?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.