Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My C3100 Locked Up.
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Model Specific Forums > C1000/3x00 General discussions
BarrySamuels
I thought I'd install the qtopia-memoryapplet.10.1_arm.ipk and when I closed the installation window for the final time I saw a message flash on to the screen briefly then nothing. The installation appeared to have locked up the Zaurus.

I couldn't close the installation window, the main menu wouldn't pop up - nothing would work and it wouldn't even switch off.

I took off the battery cover, pressed the reset button and it booted up. I thought I'd uninstall qtopia-memoryapplet to be on the safe side and it locked up again.

Any ideas?
TRIsoft
BarrySamuels,
QUOTE(BarrySamuels @ Nov 4 2005, 04:39 PM)
Any ideas?

in these cases it's better to perform a factory reset instead
of trying to save a badly misconfigured system.

If a factory reset won't help, do a NAND restore and every-
thing should be fine.

///TRIsoft

Marc Stephan
BarrySamuels
QUOTE(TRIsoft @ Nov 4 2005, 04:50 PM)
BarrySamuels,
QUOTE(BarrySamuels @ Nov 4 2005, 04:39 PM)
Any ideas?

in these cases it's better to perform a factory reset instead
of trying to save a badly misconfigured system.

If a factory reset won't help, do a NAND restore and every-
thing should be fine.

///TRIsoft

Marc Stephan

I think you have mis-understood. Perhaps I didn't explain it very well.

After each lockup a reboot has returned the machine to proper working order. The only problem is why does the installation or un-installation of the qtopia-memoryapplet cause the machine to lockup?
Greg2
QUOTE(BarrySamuels @ Nov 4 2005, 11:56 AM)
The only problem is why does the installation or un-installation of the qtopia-memoryapplet cause the machine to lockup?

This is the version I 'believe' (but not positive) you want to use:
http://ochan4.blog.ocn.ne.jp/blog/2005/04/...oryap_935b.html

I don't have a C-3100 so I can't be sure, but the mechanical translation sounds right.

Greg
BarrySamuels
QUOTE(Greg2 @ Nov 4 2005, 07:48 PM)
QUOTE(BarrySamuels @ Nov 4 2005, 11:56 AM)
The only problem is why does the installation or un-installation of the qtopia-memoryapplet cause the machine to lockup?

This is the version I 'believe' (but not positive) you want to use:
http://ochan4.blog.ocn.ne.jp/blog/2005/04/...oryap_935b.html

I don't have a C-3100 so I can't be sure, but the mechanical translation sounds right.

Greg

Er - no!

Thanks for trying but although it doesn't lock the machine it does cause it to reboot both after installing and uninstalling.
Meanie
That's because the postinst and postrm scripts for that particular application execute a reboot call. Some application require a reboot to be properly installed and activated/deactivated.
BarrySamuels
QUOTE(Meanie @ Nov 4 2005, 11:47 PM)
That's because the postinst and postrm scripts for that particular application execute a reboot call. Some application require a reboot to be properly installed and activated/deactivated.

Thanks for that reassurance Meanie. I would have thought that a warning message that the system is about to be rebooted would be in order. Having the system reboot suddenly without warning is very disconcerting.
Meanie
QUOTE(BarrySamuels @ Nov 5 2005, 07:27 PM)
QUOTE(Meanie @ Nov 4 2005, 11:47 PM)

Thanks for that reassurance Meanie. I would have thought that a warning message that the system is about to be rebooted would be in order. Having the system reboot suddenly without warning is very disconcerting.

You obviously aren't a windows user smile.gif or don't you remember the days when dodgy programmers just forcibly rebooted the machines after installation because they didn't know how to refresh the menu? laugh.gif just kidding
BarrySamuels
QUOTE(Meanie @ Nov 5 2005, 11:12 AM)
You obviously aren't a windows user smile.gif

What's Windows? tongue.gif

I've installed the memeory applet now. Thanks for your reassurance.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.