Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Netfront And File:///
OESF Forums > General Forums > General Support and Discussion > Security and Networking
speculatrix
it works in opera, but I can't make netfront open local files using file:/// (and variations)

what am I doing wrong?
gr8ful
QUOTE(speculatrix @ Nov 8 2005, 07:46 AM)
it works in opera, but I can't make netfront open local files using file:/// (and variations)

what am I doing wrong?

Go to the bookmark icon, select the 'Misc' tab and from there you can select the file type to display, location (internal, cf, sd), and then navigate the tree structure.

I was able to open the a file by typing in the full pathname:
file:///mnt/cf/Documents/application/gtd/gtd_tiddlywiki.html

However, I could not just type in 'file:///mnt/cf/" and get a directory tree structure to navigate like you get in Opera.
speculatrix
QUOTE(gr8ful @ Nov 8 2005, 04:35 PM)
QUOTE(speculatrix @ Nov 8 2005, 07:46 AM)

what am I doing wrong?

Go to the bookmark icon, select the 'Misc' tab and from there you can select the file type to display, location (internal, cf, sd), and then navigate the tree structure.

I was able to open the a file by typing in the full pathname:
file:///mnt/cf/Documents/application/gtd/gtd_tiddlywiki.html

However, I could not just type in 'file:///mnt/cf/" and get a directory tree structure to navigate like you get in Opera.

that was a top tip! What I ended up doing was finding the bookmarks folder, and copying an entry, only putting in the file:/// location.

thanks very much!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2015 Invision Power Services, Inc.