Thank you so much again for your efforts on making the CJK solutions available, cs_jacky! Please keep up the great work.
Sorry for bothering you again. After trying your new UTF8 locales packages on pdaXrom, I would like to ask you a few things: (Or someone who could enlighten me)
1) It seems the Z still cannot read big5 encoded files, such as in various terminal apps, lynx and Jpilot. Does it mean an extra big5 locale package is a must? If so how can I get it?
2) I've also read about a newer glibc 2.3.2 which is said to support Chinese encoding ( http://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=14089
), but the link to the complete file is broken. Is this also necessary for reading big5 stuff?
3) Also it seems to me using the locales will take up quite a chunk of the system memory. Does this depend on which unicode ttf font I'm using?
4) Can (some) unicode fonts also display big5 characters?
5) Is it also necessary to make changes in /etc/fonts/local.conf to fix the font choice and finetune the display?