Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How To Make Zeditor Default Text Editor?
OESF Forums > General Forums > General Support and Discussion > Software
znpp
I installed ZEditor 3.2.2. English and find it much better than TextEditor 1.23 lite.

Tapping on text files used to automatically open TextEditor, but now that I've deleted TextEditor, I get the following message when I try to open text files:

"No application is defined for this document. Type is text/plain."

How do I create an association that will cause ZEditor to open as the default text editor when I tap on text files?

Thanks,

znpp
bam
go Here
znpp
Thanks for the background info on associations.

But I'm still in the dark about how to get text files to associate with ZEditor.

I guess something has to be typed into the console? What that something is, I have no idea....

znpp

"The file association information is derived from two places. The file /home/QtPalmtop/etc/mime.types stores the mime types that is used to derive the association information which is then combined with the desktop files stored under /home/QtPalmtop/apps

The information inside mime.types specifies what file extensions are associated with each file type."

QUOTE(bam @ Dec 1 2005, 03:57 AM)
go Here
znpp
As long as I'm asking about how to make file associations - how would I associate MS-Word docs with TextMaker instead of Hancomword?

Thx,

znpp
znpp
I'm still trying to associate text files with ZEditor.

As far as I can figure out, I go to the directory

/home/QtPalmtop/apps/Applications

and open "zeditor.desktop" with my text editor (in this case ZEditor)

Under "CanFastload=1" I then add:

MimeType=text/plain
MimeTypeIcons=zeditor

I do all that, but when I try to save the changed zeditor.desktop I get a write error message that prevents me from saving the changes.

How do I get the Zaurus to accept the changes to the file?

znpp
craigtyson
also if you'r using the VGA file manager package you will need to make a symlink from textedit to zeditor to use the "View as Text" option.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.