Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: N00b Checking In
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > pdaXrom
0xDEADBEEF
Hi everyone,
I just received my C3100 on Friday. It was running Cacko 1.23. Long time ago I had SL-5500 and I was less than thrilled with eithe Sharp rom or OZ/Opie. I wanted something that runs real X11 and real apps. I installed RC12 yesterday and it is great! I have real apps running on real X11, aterm, gaim, dillo! Thank you everyone working on pdaXrom!

Of course I have some gripes:

wpa_supplicant
I installed wpa_supplicant and hostap drivers, used conf file from my laptop and it works with my network at home. On monday I will test on 802.11x authenticated network at work. But I wish it was easier to integrate wpa_supplicant. More and more networks have advanced encryption and authentication methods and a tool like wpa_supplicant will be very important to have on a mobile device like Zaurus. Easiest and simplest solution would be startup script in init.d and keep wpa_supplicant running all the time. Better solution would be it start and stop wpa_supplicant from pcmcia or hotplug or network config scripts.

swap file
I have repartitioned my internal 4GB hdd into 4000MB ext2 hda1 and 96mb swap hda2.
I wish pdaXrom had either a config file for swap partition/files or recognized swap partitions automagically. For now I think I will just add it to init.d and startup scrips.

gaim (and potentially other programs)
It is not really a pdaXrom problem, but maybe someone can advise.
The damn thing has some huge configuration dialog windows that do not fit on screen. Since matchbox tries to keep the title bar visible there is no way to see the bottom of the config dialogs. Any ideas how to solve it? Maybe gtk theme with smaller controls will help?
gromituk
QUOTE(0xDEADBEEF @ Dec 4 2005, 02:35 PM)
The damn thing has some huge configuration dialog windows that do not fit on screen. Since matchbox tries to keep the title bar visible there is no way to see the bottom of the config dialogs. Any ideas how to solve it? Maybe gtk theme with smaller controls will help?

Welcome. Hold down Address ("Alt") and the stylus will drag the window around.
0xDEADBEEF
thanks gromituk, that really helped!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.