Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Usb Wireless Dongle Rc12
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > pdaXrom
adf
Any recommendations for a wireless usb dongle that'll run in rc12 on a 3100?

I was just about to pick up a D-Link DWL-122, and though maybe I should get info first.

I assume that anything prism2 will do...? is wlanng available for the rc12 3100 stuff?

thanks in advance,
ADF
jasonakay
Did you ever find out whether a usb wireless device would work in pdaXrom or not? I am considering getting one.

Thanks,

Jason.
adf
It SHOULD work... it is recognized, etc. the link above didn't end up helping, though.

I'll stay at ut
ZDevil
Haven't tried yet myself. But how about editing /etc/hotplug/usbdnet.conf? It works for USB LAN. I will surely go buy a wifi dongle if it works also.
apink
Has anyone gotten a usb wireless dongle to work? I have a belkin dongle for my laptop that I am interested in using in the z.

I have plugged it in. ifconfig shows nothing. I am unclear on what to do with the /etc/hotplug/usbdnet.conf file.

I am currently using rc12.
sidmoraes
Did you find an usb dongle that Z con power ?

I only make this with a powered hub...
adf
actually, it looks ok, as far as power goes. I haven't got a module made for it..in fact haven't thought about it in a little while.

I should get copmiling.... i need to do a usb ethernet adapter, too....and a modem.
albertr
The PXA270-based Zaurii would max out @ ~200mA (+5V) supplied to USB OTG clients. Good luck finding a dongle with such a little power consumption that has Linux drivers available and would play nice with OHCI host.

The output current power limit on OTG connector can be increased by replacing a resistor on Z's pcb, but it requires some soldering skills, and also puts the Z out of the warranty.

Having said that, I have a C1K with resistor replaced, and my internal wi-fi module works great. Also, I have tried two different prism3-based usb dongles which work with wlan-ng drivers.
-albertr
anunakin
QUOTE(albertr @ Mar 15 2006, 02:12 PM)
The PXA270-based Zaurii would max out @ ~200mA (+5V) supplied to USB OTG clients. Good luck finding a dongle with such a little power consumption that has Linux drivers available and would play nice with OHCI host.

The output current power limit on OTG connector can be increased by replacing a resistor on Z's pcb, but it requires some soldering skills, and also puts the Z out of the warranty.

Having said that, I have a C1K with resistor replaced, and my internal wi-fi module works great. Also, I have tried two different prism3-based usb dongles which work with wlan-ng drivers.
-albertr

Where I find this howto put a internal wireless on Zauri Cxxxx?
albertr
http://www.iral.com/~albertr/linux/zaurus/wireless/

It's a little bit outdated, but I'm planning to update it when get time to take more hi-res pictures (hopefully sometime soon).
-albertr
adf
QUOTE(albertr @ Mar 15 2006, 02:12 PM)

-albertr

Yeah.. I played with a couple dongles on Tues. Module loaded fine....no wifi.
on the bright side the Linksys USB100M usb/ethernet adapter works fine outta the box. I'm using one in a hotel now. ...And battery powere usb hubs are cheap. I guessI'll see how/that works for me: cf wifi handheld, powered hub, mouse and dongle when tabletop.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.