Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dlink Dwl-122 Rc12 3100
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > pdaXrom
adf
Got a usb dlink dwl122 prism2 wireless dongle. I've got both the hostap and wlanng stuff installed.
My ambicom cf wireless works fine. when I plug jn tge usb dlink, prism2usb loads/ the right lights light up, but I haven't managed to configure it as a device to make a wireless connection. This should be simple......

Pointers ?
adf
QUOTE(adf @ Dec 24 2005, 03:56 AM)
Got a usb dlink dwl122 prism2 wireless dongle. I've got both the hostap and wlanng stuff installed.
My ambicom cf wireless works fine.  when I plug jn tge usb dlink,  prism2usb loads/ the right lights light up, but I haven't managed to configure it as a device to make a wireless connection.  This should be simple......

Pointers ?

Bump...

Seriously.. it should just be a matter of editing the network/interfaces file, right? yes?
stbrock
I had the same experience. The DWL122 seemed to be recognized okay with the drivers, but configuration didn't seem to work the way any of the general documentation I found indicated. It was taking me too much time to figure it out and I got a bluetooth dongle working instead, so my DWL122 is just sitting in the drawer, waiting for someone who understands Z wireless configuration better to post how to ...
adf
QUOTE(stbrock @ Dec 25 2005, 06:36 PM)
I had the same experience. The DWL122 seemed to be recognized okay with the drivers, but configuration didn't seem to work the way any of the general documentation I found indicated. It was taking me too much time to figure it out and I got a bluetooth dongle working instead, so my DWL122 is just sitting in the drawer, waiting for someone who understands Z wireless configuration better to post how to ...

LMAO.. I got stuck at find -name 'interfaces' coming back with nothing.
Maybe I should just send one to laze?
pgas
I've just found this post:

http://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=16259

maybe it'll help you to set up your wireless adapter?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.