Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Let's Try Browsex
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > pdaXrom
scoutme
anyone tryng to compile browsex? should be something dillo-like, but with javascript support wink.gif
ScottYelich
QUOTE(scoutme @ Dec 25 2005, 05:59 AM)
anyone tryng to compile browsex? should be something dillo-like, but with javascript support wink.gif

I wish they would just make dillo work!
DrWowe
Firefox is working perfectly here (other than being a bit of a memory hog).

It pays to go to View->Toolbars->Customize and rearrange things slightly for the small screen.
Putting the address bar on a line of its own is a good idea.
adf
QUOTE(ScottYelich @ Dec 25 2005, 08:06 PM)
QUOTE(scoutme @ Dec 25 2005, 05:59 AM)

I wish they would just make dillo work!

would be nice. But like firefox on my Z asa "heavy" I'd like to get a full working set of flash and java plugins, and some more codecs to work wit mplayer plugin, in fact.

But a working ssl/frames/javascript capable dillo would make a really good counterpart
scoutme
I use firefox too... but a dillo à la netfront would be amazing, and would change my habits for sure. Firefox is cpu/memory ungry
gromituk
I do wonder if you add Javascript to Dillo it might get nearly as heavy as Firefox!
scoutme
I don't think so; Netfront is far faster than Firefox, even if javascript-capable. I like firefox very much, but you must remeber that Firefox is based upon Gecko, that is maybe the slower and heavier engine alive.
urielka
if you use Konqueror in full kde desktop it run very fast and it is not such a memory hog as firefox even in non-kde desktop
Meanie
has the firefox port for the zaurus been optimized or just compiled for biggest compatability?
there is potentially a lot of stuff that can be stripped from firefox to make it load and run faster.
not sure if i have time for that right now, but i'll take a crack at it eventually...
adf
QUOTE(urielka @ Dec 28 2005, 08:39 AM)
if you use Konqueror in full kde desktop it run very fast and it is not such a memory hog as firefox even in non-kde desktop

Hmm I had been hoping to see something come of the way Kaonqueror handles java (no plugin needed... just a jvm, I think) Maybe there is hope if more people use it?

Have you beem able to use qbedic in kde or with the kde qtlibs in use?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.