Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fluxbox
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > pdaXrom
pyknite
hi there...

I have installed fluxbox from the pdaxrom feed unstable... but when i type startx it start the "default" windows manager from pdaxrom sad.gif

I searched on the forum and i find that i must change xinitrc with this: http://www.dangerz.net/dz/xinitrc

but it didn't work sad.gif

how can I start fluxbox??

thx
pyknite
no idea?
pgas
have you install the ipk from this thread?
http://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=15693

you can also install newer fluxbox from:
http://mail.pdaxrom.org/rc12/Zaurus-7x0-860/feed/
pyknite
yes thx... but just install ipk don't change my problem sad.gif
bluedevils
to confirm. type fluxbox while in commandline. That should give errors, but confirm that fluxbox exists.

I don't know abaout pdaxrom, but "exec fluxbox" is the normal entry in .xinitrc (it is .xinitrc and not xinitrc that you editted?)on a linux pc, though fluxbox will still work (not as elegant).
pgas
what is your problem?

like bluedevils says put just exec fluxbox and see if you have any error message?

have you tried to install the ipks?
I think the fluxbox from the unstable feeds won't run without the old libstd.
The newer fluxbox from the feeds won't need these libs.

and remove all the > /dev/null from your .xinitrc, so that you can have a chance to see the error messages
pyknite
thx for answer...

if i type fluxbox in a console, it say me that some windows manager are already running...

if i type exec fluxbox, some texte "defile" and the console quit by his self

if i type fluxbox in the console (after the logon) it say me that no x11 server are running
pgas
just put:
CODE
exec fluxbox

in your .xinitrc

and see if you get some error
pyknite
where can I find the .xinitrc??

now when i have startx typed, my zaurus started x but without fluxbox or the default windows manger from pdaxrom... there is only the green window named xterm, login, and the xclock sad.gif
pgas
.xinitrc should be in /home/root/ ie /home/root/.xinitrc

if you want to go back to the default
CODE

rm /home/root/.xinitrc
ln -s /usr/bin/mbsession /home/root/.xinitrc

should do the trick
pyknite
oki thx for your help... but this manager is not the best for me...

I want some where I have icon on desktop (like pdaxrom default desktop) but without "section" and with a traybar where i can view my open application...
bluedevils
there may be some apps to get that functionality. I think fbdesk (if it is in the feeds) gets you icons on the desktop. Traybar to view apps? Are you talking about a pager? If it is available, fbpager was made for fluxbox.

QUOTE(pyknite @ Dec 28 2005, 02:54 PM)
oki thx for your help... but this manager is not the best for me...

I want some where I have icon on desktop (like pdaxrom default desktop) but without "section" and with a traybar where i can view my open application...
pgas
you can use the same desktop as the one that comes with pdaxrom with flux box.

put something like
CODE
eval "matchbox-desktop" 2>/dev/null >/dev/null &

before exec fluxbox.
(I didn't try it but I'm fairly confident that it'll work).

You might want to have a look at /usr/bin/mbsession to see what is done for the default wm/desktop panel.

You might want to give a try to icewm
install icewm and icewm-pdaxrom packages.
then do:
CODE
cd /home/root
mv .xinitrc .xinitrc.orig
ln -s /usr/bin/icewmsession .xinitrc
startx
pyknite
yeah a lot of thx to you... wink.gif You help me a lot...
web-angel
QUOTE(pyknite @ Dec 28 2005, 08:54 PM)

Why not the traditional couple : Xfce4 and Rox for the desktop icon ?
Works fine for me ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.