Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Extracting Files From Openoffice Cramfs
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Everything Development > X/Qt
qx773
I am having trouble extracting the OpenOffice files from the cramfs file. When I try to use the cp -R command from the mount point, I get error messages about links not being copied, or I get an out of space on destination error. Has anyone here been able to do it?
qx773
I forgot that my SD card was formatted as FAT32, so of course symbolic links are not going to work on it. I need something like an ext2 file system or a loop file with an ext2 file system on it.
qx773
I spent several hours getting everything unpacked and loaded onto an ext2 loop file, but OpenOffice seemed to run slower unpacked. During this process I learned a few things, like:

* OpenOffice requires just under 10,000 inodes. Not having the appropriate number of inodes results in a device out of space error, which can be puzzling if you have enough space left on the storage device.
* The BusyBox implementation of "cp -a" on the Sharp ROM does not preserve symbolic links. I had to use "tar cvf" instead.
* You need about 350 megabytes of free storage space.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.