Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: C700 Xfce What Files To Delete 4 Memory Boost
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > pdaXrom
spaul
I'm trying to run kdepim on a c700. Most applications on ext2 sd card. But I'm only using xfce so there are probably default windows manager files that could be deleted. I learned the hard way not to delete matchbook files. NAND backup saved me.

What can I safely delete. Its almost running smoothly if I can delete another 2k. Thx
Chero
QUOTE(spaul @ Jan 9 2006, 08:28 AM)
I'm trying to run kdepim on a c700.  Most applications on ext2 sd card.  But I'm only using xfce so there are probably default windows manager files that could be deleted.  I learned the hard way not to delete matchbook files.  NAND backup saved me. 

What can I safely delete.  Its almost running smoothly if I can delete another 2k.  Thx

did you install xfce on internal flash ?
If so, you could delete some of the wallpapers that come with the base package (or move them to SD).

Chero.
spaul
Good idea. I can live without the mouse. The major difference in the newest version of XFCE on my desktop AFAIK is they redesigned the mouse wallpaper. Thx
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.