Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bittorrent Client On Z
OESF Forums > General Forums > General Support and Discussion > Software
rollfaster
Has anyone gotten a chance to compile azureus (java native) or any other linux friendly bittorrent client on the Z on any model/rom?

Just curious... wink.gif
spartan
The closest I got was MLDonkey (mlnet), but the OCaml compiler build failed to run some tests. Supposing to be highly portable, MLDonkey is probably your best bet.
kahm
QUOTE(rollfaster @ Jan 10 2006, 11:14 PM)
Has anyone gotten a chance to compile azureus (java native) or any other linux friendly bittorrent client on the Z on any model/rom?

Just curious...  wink.gif

The original BT was in Python. I seem to recall getting it going on my 860, but that was a long time ago so I don't remember any of the details.
GadgetGuy
QUOTE(rollfaster @ Jan 11 2006, 12:14 AM)

Just curious...  wink.gif

Why would you like to compile it? Try to run debian, and under debian I am sure you can find ready to run packages... That is what I have done when I was looking for an emule client: I can connect now great using Debian ( with Cacko rom) on C3100 to the emule / filedonkey network...
DrWowe
I'm not sure there exists an open source Linux compatible C/C++ client for BitTorrent.

Anyone know differently? If not, the Python/Java/OCaml are the best chances you have, but it's not really "PDA friendly".
fpp
Look for "ctorrent" and "rtorrent".
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.