So here it is, thanks to recent help from iamasmith who fixed out my concerns about power management
pdaXrom for c3000 Beta2
1) Check and decompress the pdaXrom-c3000b2.tgz to your CF or SD card
2) Ensure that your C3000 machine has a standard HD partitioning (e.g. as it was originally), booting may fail if this is not the case
3) Turn the zaurus over and flip the battery case switch to “Unlocked”. Remove the battery cover, and find the small reset microswitch on the left. The battery cover or the stylus can be used to press it.
4) Switch back to locked without puting back the battery cover yet as you'll need to reset again
5) Insert the CF card with the image in the root, as described above.
6) Plug in the AC power jack. The yellow charge lamp must be on indicating external power, or you will get an error message in japanese later.
7) Press the “OK” key and keep it pressed while pressing the “On/Off” button on the front side.
8) The Maintenance Screen will display. Choose “Update” this is item 4.
9) The next screen will ask the source, choose “CF” or "SD".
10) The next screen asks for confirmation, choose1 “Yes” this is the left button
11) now, in the pdaXrom updater menu, choose 6 - "HD Utils(C-3x000 Models only)" then 1 - "Set HD Partitions" This will format your HD and repartition it with only one 4Gb partition
12) Choose 3 - "Go back to main menu"
13 ) Choose 8 - "Restart"
14) restart from 6 to 10
15) Choose option 1 - "Install new ROM"
16) When it ask you if you want to format internal user flash : answer "No"
17) Choose 7 - "Install hdimage (c3000 only)" and wait as it will take a while
18) Choose 8 - Reboot and remove any CF card from your Z
This pivot_root method doesn't support any CF memory card to be inserted during boot time, this is the only "bug" I've found so far ... btw I didn't have much time to test it ...
Et voilà, you're done to test this one
as allways, pleasegive feedback about found bugs and fixings ...
(edit : the restore option from HD Utils don't fit c3100 users yet ... btw tyou can use the set partition option to format your HD to one 4Gb partition if you want , reset may be worling soon)
EDIT : edited instructions : there was an error in the order