Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 4gb Sd Cards 150x Speed $199 W/ Free Shipping
OESF Forums > General Forums > General Support and Discussion > Deals and Great Z Buys
Omicron
Surplus Computers 150x 4GB SD Card $199 (Free shipping)

I have no idea if these are Zaurus Compatible
jbruno
No SD cards over 1GB will work in the Zaurus.

CF cards > 1GB are ok, though.
speculatrix
1GB is the max usable at the moment.

however, the OpenTom people are working on a new GPL driver for linux which might appear on the Z one day
DrWowe
QUOTE(jbruno @ Jan 13 2006, 12:45 PM)
No SD cards over 1GB will work in the Zaurus.

... in the SD slot.

You CAN use large SD cards through a CF or USB adapter. It is more economical to buy large SD cards now because of economies of scale.
Cresho
i was thinking of doing a minisd on an adaptor.

anybody try a 2gb minisd or other sd yet?
daniel3000
QUOTE(Cresho @ Jan 17 2006, 04:07 AM)
i was thinking of doing a minisd on an adaptor.

anybody try a 2gb minisd or other sd yet?

I cannot read Japanese, but it seems that there has been some success with a 2GB SD card:

http://symzing.way-nifty.com/blog/cat3988248/index.html
(search for the string "A-DATA 2GB SD")
Can anybody translate, please?

daniel
Cresho
says that sd cards 2gb are not readable.

that is all.
merli
What about 2GB MMC's. Anyone tried?
speculatrix
QUOTE(merli @ Jan 20 2006, 03:19 PM)
What about 2GB MMC's. Anyone tried?

since the Z accesses SD cards in MMC compatibility mode, I would guess that they are also useless.

I would guess that the problem is bad programming - the author of the driver probably used a counter or pointer that's too small to hold the number of blocks in the device and it wraps back to zero or a negative number (quite possible since people have reported crashes, which implies data in the kernel is being scribbled over).

In theory, if you had an emulator and a debugger, you could work out where the problem is, and then do a binary patch.

Alternatively, wait for the opentom/tom-tom devs to finish their fast SD driver and wait for it to get ported across.
merli
There is no source code to that sd card driver? nor 2.4 or 2.6 kernels?
DrWowe
The 4 gig SD card _may_ work on a c7x0 model Zaurus only. I've gotten a 2 gig card to work. See my other post for details:

http://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=17208

I've also tried a 2 gig Transcend mmcplus card. No joy at all, except with my CF adapter, which seems to be compatible with everything.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.