Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gplflash 2, [working]
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > pdaXrom
anunakin
Read more above...

http://gplflash.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/mo...gi/BuildFromCvs

Any help?

On Zaurus
CODE
checking for X... libraries /usr/X11R6/lib, headers
checking for XOpenDisplay in -lX11... no
checking X11/XKBlib.h usability... yes
checking X11/XKBlib.h presence... yes
checking for X11/XKBlib.h... yes
configure: error: *** cannot find X11 development files

On PC
CODE
checking for jpeglib.h... yes
checking for X... libraries /opt/cross/arm/3.4.5-xscale-softvfp/armv5tel-cacko-linux/lib, headers /opt/cross/arm/3.4.5-xscale-softvfp/armv5tel-cacko-linux/include
checking for XOpenDisplay in -lX11... no
checking X11/XKBlib.h usability... yes
checking X11/XKBlib.h presence... yes
checking for X11/XKBlib.h... yes
dtruchan
Specifiy --x-includes and --x-libraries to configure.
Then it builds fine.
anunakin
QUOTE(dtruchan @ Jan 15 2006, 05:22 AM)
Specifiy --x-includes and --x-libraries to configure.
Then it builds fine.

I using this ./configure on PC:
CODE
./configure --host=armv5tel-cacko-linux --build=i686-linux --x-includes=/opt/cross/arm/3.4.5-xscale-softvfp/armv5tel-cacko-linux/include --x-libraries=/opt/cross/arm/3.4.5-xscale-softvfp/armv5tel-cacko-linux/lib --prefix=/usr --with-plugin-dir=/usr/lib/firefox/lib/firefox-1.5/plugins
adf
did it work?

if it did work, and seems to test out, post it?

This is an important plugin
anunakin
QUOTE(adf @ Jan 16 2006, 07:34 PM)
did it work?

if it did work, and seems to test out, post it?

This is an important plugin

Dont work I got the errors on firt msg on topic
CODE
karlto
QUOTE(anunakin @ Jan 17 2006, 08:44 AM)
Dont work I got the errors on firt msg on topic
CODE

I presume you've checked that the required files exist in your cross-compiler directories (as above)? One of the copies I have is missing those libraries (could be the one for compiling the kernel...?)
dtruchan
My mistake, it does still fail at that point.
I fudged configure to finish, but make fails while linking with libXxf86vm. sad.gif
Chero
Maybe this xlibs package can help you. It contains some of the xlibs and binaries that aren't included in pdaXrom.

I used it to compile some app that needed more xlibs. (Can't remember which one)

WARNING : startx will be broken. Deleting the "fonts" section in startx will solve this.
WARNING : it's big (6+ Mb)
WARNING : use at your own risk
WARNING : ... (whatever i forgot)

Have fun,
Chero
lardman
The x libs and x header files are often not in the same directory as the other libs and headers. Check where this directory is (I presume you must have it in your build system) and specify the correct paths.

Si
dtruchan
Turns out deps are different for arm. automake sucks. mad.gif
libXxf86vm isn't built with X since it's not needed.

Let me know if it works. unsure.gif
I havn't tried yet.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

NOTE:
from README
The standalone player is not completed. It is currently targetted for debugging purpose.
anunakin
QUOTE(dtruchan @ Jan 20 2006, 02:05 AM)
Turns out deps are different for arm. automake sucks.  mad.gif
libXxf86vm isn't built with X since it's not needed.

Let me know if it works. unsure.gif
I havn't tried yet.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

laugh.gif Hey this works, I have flash on my Firefox 1.5, nice! wink.gif cool.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

THANK YOU!
dtruchan
Excellent!!! biggrin.gif

If you could, please post the steps you took to install it.
wowo123
I have installed libnpflash_so_0_0.0 to ~firefox-1.5/plugins but firefox doesn't recognize it as a plugin. It has a different mime-type. Is flashplayer also needed in this dir or is it only the external player? Any suggestions??
jgardia
QUOTE(wowo123 @ Jan 21 2006, 11:42 AM)
I have installed libnpflash_so_0_0.0 to ~firefox-1.5/plugins but firefox doesn't recognize it as a plugin. It has a different mime-type. Is flashplayer also needed in this dir or is it only the external player? Any suggestions??

Did you install Libstdc++.so.5 ?

Good luck,

Jose
wowo123
QUOTE(jgardia @ Jan 21 2006, 12:29 PM)
QUOTE(wowo123 @ Jan 21 2006, 11:42 AM)

Did you install Libstdc++.so.5 ?

Good luck,

Jose

Yes I did (both 5.05 and 5.07)
anunakin
step-by-step

$ chmod 755 libnpflash_so_0_0.0
$ cp /path/to/you/libnpflash_so_0_0.0 /mnt/ide3/usr/lib/firefox/lib/firefox-1.5/plugins/libnpflash.so

With symlink dont work, for me! dry.gif
wowo123
Okay, without the symlink it installs now and is recognized. But each time, flash content is processed, firefox freezes. Same situation when using the external flashplayer from command line: The first flash image comes up and nothing else ever happens.
Anyone able to run a complete flash application?

------------------------------------
C860, pdaxrom beta1 with ROX and KDE 3.5 on SD,
1GB SD, MicroDrive 4 GB, WLAN: D-Link DCF-660W,
BT: Belkin F8T020
adf
QUOTE(wowo123 @ Jan 22 2006, 10:46 AM)
Okay, without the symlink it installs now and is recognized. But each time, flash content is processed, firefox freezes. Same situation when using the external flashplayer from command line: The first flash image comes up and nothing else ever happens.
Anyone able to run a complete flash application?

Nope. I was looking for this thread to post pretty much the same thing.

------------------------------------
C860, pdaxrom beta1 with ROX and KDE 3.5 on SD,
1GB SD, MicroDrive 4 GB, WLAN: D-Link DCF-660W,
BT: Belkin F8T020
anunakin
Here, Firefox goes so slow but dont freezes ans flashplayer goes nice.... biggrin.gif
soundio
Could somebody tell the best way how to get Firefox 1.5 to pdaxrom?
Have no linux box to compile.

(Pdaxrom 1.1Beta2 on C3000)
anunakin
firefox 1.5 is on official FEED.... you need only ...
$ipkg -d ideN install firefox

where ideN is you mount point defined in /etc/ipkg.conf

ph34r.gif

dtruchan: Can you post a howto compile this....?

I have some ideas on make this more fast... flash movies have a setup system for sets resolution... and gplflash put this on high mode... if we put to low... this can works more nice on Z... ph34r.gif

On website of GPLflash there is some info about project GNASH .... any hope this works on pdaXrom?
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/
dtruchan
QUOTE(anunakin @ Mar 22 2006, 07:29 AM)
dtruchan: Can you post a howto compile this....?

get source
CODE
cvs -z9 -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/gplflash co gplflash2

autogen outside dev enviroment.

configure craps out trying to run a test program while cross compiling.
XOpenDisplay is in libX11, it better be.
configure needs to ignore the test result, so I fool it.

edit configure, around line 20019
change
ac_cv_lib_X11_XOpenDisplay=no
to
ac_cv_lib_X11_XOpenDisplay=yes

configure it
CODE
./configure \
    --host=armv5tel-cacko-linux \
    --build=i686-linux \
    --x-includes=/opt/cross/arm/3.4.5-xscale-softvfp/armv5tel-cacko-linux/include \
    --x-libraries=/opt/cross/arm/3.4.5-xscale-softvfp/armv5tel-cacko-linux/lib \
    --prefix=/usr

should fail in player dir with the dumb libXxf86vm.so error.
Player is just a test program used for debugging.

switch to plugin/mozilla dir

run make

should fail

grab gcc line

CODE
armv5tel-cacko-linux-g++ -shared -nostdlib /opt/cross/arm/3.4.5-xscale-softvfp/lib/gcc/armv5tel-cacko-linux/3.4.5/../../../../armv5tel-cacko-linux/lib/crti.o /opt/cross/arm/3.4.5-xscale-softvfp/lib/gcc/armv5tel-cacko-linux/3.4.5/crtbeginS.o  .libs/libnpflash_la-flash_interface.o .libs/libnpflash_la-plugin.o .libs/libnpflash_la-npunix.o -Wl,--whole-archive ../../lib/.libs/libflash2.a -Wl,--no-whole-archive  -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/opt/cross/arm/3.4.5-xscale-softvfp/armv5tel-cacko-linux/lib -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/opt/cross/arm/3.4.5-xscale-softvfp/armv5tel-cacko-linux/lib -L/opt/cross/arm/3.4.5-xscale-softvfp/armv5tel-cacko-linux/lib -ljpeg -lX11 -lXt -lXext -lGL -lGLU -lavformat -lavcodec /opt/cross/arm/3.4.5-xscale-softvfp/armv5tel-cacko-linux/lib/libSDL.so -L/home/sash/Work/Corgi/pdaXrom-builder/build/gcc-3.4.5-armv5tel-cacko-linux-stage2/armv5tel-cacko-linux/libstdc++-v3/src -L/home/sash/Work/Corgi/pdaXrom-builder/build/gcc-3.4.5-armv5tel-cacko-linux-stage2/armv5tel-cacko-linux/libstdc++-v3/src/.libs -L/home/sash/Work/Corgi/pdaXrom-builder/build/gcc-3.4.5-armv5tel-cacko-linux-stage2/gcc -L/opt/cross/arm/3.4.5-xscale-softvfp/armv5tel-cacko-linux/bin -L/opt/cross/arm/3.4.5-xscale-softvfp/lib/gcc/armv5tel-cacko-linux/3.4.5 -L/opt/cross/arm/3.4.5-xscale-softvfp/lib/gcc/armv5tel-cacko-linux/3.4.5/../../../../armv5tel-cacko-linux/lib -lpthread -L/usr/lib /opt/cross/arm/3.4.5-xscale-softvfp/armv5tel-cacko-linux/lib/libxml2.so /opt/cross/arm/3.4.5-xscale-softvfp/armv5tel-cacko-linux/lib/libfreetype.so /usr/lib/libfreetype.so /usr/lib/libxml2.so -ldl -lz /opt/cross/arm/3.4.5-xscale-softvfp/armv5tel-cacko-linux/lib/libstdc++.so -lm -lc -lgcc_s /opt/cross/arm/3.4.5-xscale-softvfp/lib/gcc/armv5tel-cacko-linux/3.4.5/crtendS.o /opt/cross/arm/3.4.5-xscale-softvfp/lib/gcc/armv5tel-cacko-linux/3.4.5/../../../../armv5tel-cacko-linux/lib/crtn.o  -Wl,-soname -Wl,libnpflash.so.0 -o .libs/libnpflash.so.0.0.0

find /usr/lib/libfreetype.so and /usr/lib/libxml2.so and remove them from the command.

run it

in .libs you'll have libnpflash.so.0.0.0
player is the same process, but libXxf86vm.so is not made with kdrive, it is not needed. just remove it from the gcc line too.

I havn't tried the konqueror plugin.

Fun right.
laugh.gif
soundio
QUOTE(anunakin @ Mar 22 2006, 02:29 PM)
firefox 1.5 is on official FEED.... you need only ...
$ipkg -d ideN install firefox

where ideN is you mount point defined in /etc/ipkg.conf

The only ipk I have found is in:

Experimental! X/Qt packages
Feed: http://mail.pdaxrom.org/1.1.0beta1/XQt/feed/

Is that what you meant?

btw:
I'm unable to use ipkg.
It is just broken Maybe due to impropriate installation of Pdaxrom.
Can I simply owerwrite it with working ipkg?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.