If you want to install blackdown j2re1.3.1 on your C3000, you can follow what is described on Meanie's web site:
What follwos comes from this site, but I have some question and that may be usefull for others. Beside any beginer will learn quite a lot by doing the installation (you work with symlinks, on the consol, ...)
- I have personally downloaded:
- It couldn't let me install it on a CF card, so it was installed by defult in:
Until here no problem.
- Now you should make symbolic link as:
# ln -s /usr/local/j2re1.3.1/bin/java /usr/bin/java
# ln -s /usr/local/j2re1.3.1/bin/armv4l /usr/local/j2re1.3.1/bin/armv5tel
# ln -s /usr/local/j2re1.3.1/lib/armv4l /usr/local/j2re1.3.1/lib/armv5tel
Here I have a little doubt because on Meanie's site, this links should apply if you install the bz2 version, not the .ipk. Anyway, I think the above applies to blackdown-jdk_1.3.1_arm.ipk.
- Still following Meanie's instructions (the one refering to the ipk installation), I've edited the java file, but mine is located in /usr/local/j2re1.3.1/bin I couldn't find the lines to edit, so do I have anything to do in my java file?
- You need also libstdc++, no problem for this.
- I wasn't sure if I had the differnent libraries libXm.so and libXp.so, so I installed additional-ipaq-stuff.tar.gz
- Where should the various libraries be located?
I have now
in /usr/local/lib the library required:
libBrokenLocale-2.2.2.so but not linked to libBrokenLocale.so.1,
libXm.so.2.1 not linked to libXm.so.2, also libXm.so
libXp.so.6.2 not linked to libXp.so.6 , libXp.so
but also (after installing additional-ipaq-stuff.tar.gz) in
libBrokenLocale-2.2.2.so linked to libBrokenLocale.so.1
libXm.so.2 linked to libXm.so.2.1 (should it be the other way round as Meanie mentions), also libXm.so linked to libXm.so.2.1
libXp.so.6 linked to libXp.so.6.2 , libXp.so linked to libXp.so.6.2
What should the symlinks be (which one to link to which one for sure)?
Should I put everything in /usr/lib?
In my /etc/ld.so.conf file, which path should I indicate?
My original ld.so.conf contained:
I have tried the following:
Should I put there all the path to my lib path?
I then ran ldconfig, but I couldn't run my application.
I am honestly in the fog now.
Is there any thing I should do on the PATH variable? (and where to find it)
I ran my apps using
java -classpath myApps.jar MyApps
And I got a lot of error messages but the most relevent is probably:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /hdd2/usr/local/j2re1.3.1/lib/armv4l/libawt.so: libXt.so.6: cannot load shared object file: No such file or directory.
I've the feeling I'm almost OK, but I need a hand to help.
C3000 sharp rom