Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need Fast Answer: Will Linksys Wcf54g Wifi Work?
OESF Forums > General Forums > General Support and Discussion > Security and Networking
bjornkeizers
Hello all,

I ordered a Linksys WCF12 last week, but today the company mailed me and told me it's being replaced EOL... they're offering me a WCF54G instead.

AFAICT, the WCF54G isn't compatible... it's not on the list, and some threads say it isn't.

I'd like a no BS call... is there a driver or hack or whatever that will make the WCF54G work with my C1000 and Cacko 1.23?
lardman
There are some people working on it (there's a thread on the forum here), however I wouldn't realistically expect it to be working any time soon on ARM, unless you're willing to try reverse engineering the WinCE drivers yourself.

Si
bjornkeizers
QUOTE(lardman @ Jan 19 2006, 12:29 PM)
There are some people working on it (there's a thread on the forum here), however I wouldn't realistically expect it to be working any time soon on ARM, unless you're willing to try reverse engineering the WinCE drivers yourself.

I was afraid of that :-( Oh well, back to card hunting then biggrin.gif Thanks!
speculatrix
ebay is a good place for card hunting.

take a look at these files:

/etc/pcmcia/hostap_cs.conf
and
/etc/pcmcia.config

which gives a big list of cards which should work.

ensure you get a prism2, 2.5 or 3 card so you can use hostap and thus WPA.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.