Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Get Online Via 3g/gprs Phone
OESF Forums > General Forums > General Support and Discussion > Software
rob_figlabs
Fig Labs has today made available 'BlueFig' - an easy to use software application to get your Zaurus online anywhere - via your Bluetooth enabled GPRS or 3G phone. Just tell it your home country, network operator and phone model and it will configure everything for you.

For details and screenshots, see:

Bluefig on www,figlabs.com

We've tested it on C1000/3000/3100 on Sharp ROM (Full English) and Cacko 1.23. It is also known to work on SL-C860.
We recommend the Socket Cordless Card rev. K, but it should work with just about any Bluetooth CF card or USB dongle that is already working in your Zaurus.
Bluefig contains settings for a wide range of phones by different manufacturers - we've tested it with Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Motorola, Microsoft and other phones.

Enjoy!
bluedevils
nice. I'm planning on getting a 3g phone (samsung a900 sprint) at the end of feb. This sounds like it would do the trick.
AdamD
Hi Rob,

Do you have information on Supported phones and supported networks on your site. I've looked but the old "Male Pattern Blindness" is playing havoc with me!!

Cheers,
AdamD
rob_figlabs
Hi Adam,

For supported networks, see http://www.taniwha.org.uk/gprs.html as we use this list to work out the details.

For supported phones, in theory, any mobile which supports bluetooth and has a 'modem mode' (i.e. supports letting your laptop connect to the internet using it) will work. Pretty much all new Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Motorola handsets work.

We have occasional trouble with the odd handset - e.g. I found my LG U880 on UK's Three network needed an extra tweak. Often if this is the case we can work out a solution interactively with the customer. Most of the time "it just works".

Hope that helps,
freizugheit
How much will a bluetooh CF card cost nowadays?
xamindar
Hey, cool software. Looks like the perfect thing I need. Any way of an American buying it? I don't see any option to switch or see the price in dollars.
rob_figlabs
QUOTE(freizugheit @ Oct 3 2006, 10:23 AM)
How much will a bluetooh CF card cost nowadays?

We've got a Pretec card for £55 or the Socket one that goes flush to the side of the device for £85.
Have a look on the shop page here: http://www.figlabs.com/catalog/shop.php
rob_figlabs
QUOTE(xamindar @ Oct 3 2006, 06:26 PM)
Hey, cool software.  Looks like the perfect thing I need.  Any way of an American buying it?  I don't see any option to switch or see the price in dollars.

To see the prices in US dollars or Euros, there's a dropdown on the shop page, here (link to prices in US dollars):
http://www.figlabs.com/catalog/shop.php?currency=USD
xamindar
QUOTE(rob_figlabs @ Oct 3 2006, 11:41 AM)
Hey, cool software.  Looks like the perfect thing I need.  Any way of an American buying it?  I don't see any option to switch or see the price in dollars.

To see the prices in US dollars or Euros, there's a dropdown on the shop page, here (link to prices in US dollars):

Oh I see, lol. thanks
Zauri
QUOTE(rob_figlabs @ Jan 27 2006, 08:45 PM)
Fig Labs has today made available 'BlueFig' - an easy to use software application to get your Zaurus online anywhere - via your Bluetooth enabled GPRS or 3G phone. Just tell it your home country, network operator and phone model and it will configure everything for you.

Is BlueFig freeware? I tried your link but it gave me nothing.
Meanie
QUOTE(Zauri @ May 6 2007, 11:26 AM)

they used to sell it and may still do
Zauri
QUOTE(Meanie @ May 6 2007, 01:58 PM)
QUOTE(Zauri @ May 6 2007, 11:26 AM)

they used to sell it and may still do

I think they have stopped selling it. Their website doesn't show it for sale. Sent them an email anyway.
Zauri
QUOTE(rob_figlabs @ Oct 4 2006, 06:41 AM)
Hey, cool software. Looks like the perfect thing I need. Any way of an American buying it? I don't see any option to switch or see the price in dollars.

So Rob, it looks like you don't sell BlueFig anymore. Is this correct?
smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.