there have been just 7 new entries on ELSIX since beginning of December 2005 and the last contribution in this board goes back to September, we have thought that it is time for a fresh approach we want to donate to the community.
Looking back, Killefiz was a very popular database before it was more or less abandoned by its moderator (although there have been some 10 updates in last year and 20 more this January). After that, ELSIX was started with great efforts, the killefiz dtaabase was integrated and authors updated their applications. But if you look at the statistics, it is by far less popular than killefiz.
We think this might have several reasons (as discussed here before): missing ease of use in operating the system for software developers and Zaurus user and missing links from this forum to ELSIX. We think that the main purpose must be a communication platform between people (authors and potential users) so it must be designed to ease communication.
Therefore we thought that a different approach is required and have worked on new tool and hope that it gains more acceptance. To do that we have
* copied the clean layout of Killefiz (as much information on one page - but still easy to read)
* added logins to allow users to subscribe to change requests and to write comments
* allows users to get moderator status - this allows a more community based approach in approving changes and is no longer on the shoulders of a single person
* improved management of screenshots
* imported the Killefiz data (status December - but only the approved entries) Thanks to Sven!!
After some hard work we are now happy to make it public:
* use the database
* bookmark it
* link to it on your pages
* tell everybody you know about it
* ask others to link to it
* start submitting updates and new software
* mark old entries
* note on bugs
* make proposals for improvement
* ask to become moderator
* sponsor this effort by looking at the www.handheld-linux.com shop