Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm Going Back To My Palm
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > OpenBSD
iamasmith
Here's the proof!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Seriously though I just fancied hacking the OpenBSD uvisor driver to make my CLIE work. So I can now sync PIM stuff to a handy little PALM FROM my OpenBSD Zaurus. biggrin.gif (that's one way of solving the issue of no apmsleep rolleyes.gif)

- Andy
BarryW
Dude, that's funny!
iamasmith
Actually, I forgot to post the hack to the driver that I made to get the uvisor driver working with the CLIE.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openbsd-te...31389011007&w=2

this may help others that have CLIE devices that STALL when trying to connect with OpenBSD on any architecture.
iamasmith
QUOTE(iamasmith @ Feb 6 2006, 02:38 PM)
Actually, I forgot to post the hack to the driver that I made to get the uvisor driver working with the CLIE.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openbsd-te...31389011007&w=2

this may help others that have CLIE devices that STALL when trying to connect with OpenBSD on any architecture.

I have just posted this refined patch for uvisor.c that should take care of some of the other CLIE devices without the potential to damage support for existing working CLIE devices.

- Andy
Sequethin
and silly me... the first thing I did when I got my 860 was give my clie to a student of mine as a reward haha. never did I think that when I got a 3000 that I would be able to sync it with the clie. I do have a zire laying around though.... I wonder....
iamasmith
This patch has just been committed to openbsd 3.9 -current
Cresho
man and here i thought you were leaving us.
Sequethin
QUOTE(iamasmith @ Mar 14 2006, 06:02 AM)

I wonder if it works with a treo? anyone have a treo? try it please smile.gif I'm supposed to get a "work phone" from my office... it would be awesome if I could sync that... oh boy hehe
iamasmith
QUOTE(Sequethin @ Mar 16 2006, 03:28 PM)

I wonder if it works with a treo? anyone have a treo? try it please smile.gif I'm supposed to get a "work phone" from my office... it would be awesome if I could sync that... oh boy hehe

The patch specifically looks for a Sony vendor code so if it didn't work with a Treo before it's not likely to work with a Treo now... sorry tongue.gif

-Andy
Sequethin
QUOTE(iamasmith @ Mar 17 2006, 06:33 AM)
QUOTE(Sequethin @ Mar 16 2006, 03:28 PM)

The patch specifically looks for a Sony vendor code so if it didn't work with a Treo before it's not likely to work with a Treo now... sorry tongue.gif

-Andy

darn! wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.