Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is The Angstroem Distr. Part Of Openembedded?
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Everything Development > Open Embedded
mr_nice
Hello,
I want to know is the Angstroem Distribution a part of OpenEmbedded?
Where could I find some information about the distribution and the reasons for build it?
regards
LeTic
Hello,
Where could I find some information about the distribution and the reasons for build it?
regards

Hi mr_nice, nice nickname tongue.gif

From the official newsletter :
Ångström is a new user- and developerfriendly OE-based distribution for Linux-based PDAs and WebPads which is currently in planning state.

The first Ångström release will support the HP iPAQ, Sharp Zaurus, and SIEMENS SIMpad family of devices.

In a nutshell Ångström is part of OE and is aiming to be a full replacement of OpenZaurus, Familiar, OpenSimPad... that's to make a universal distribution supporting all the architecture supported by the above distributions.

The website is quite new and you will find more information on it : http://angstrom-distribution.org/

At least this is my understanding of Ångström, please correct me koen or mickeyl if I am wrong smile.gif
rolf
QUOTE(mr_nice @ Feb 17 2006, 04:59 PM)

Hi mr_nice,

I asked the same question yesterday on IRC. You might want to look through the logs for an answer. My nick is Laibsch. The relevant parts start at 8:29 AM.

HTH

Rolf
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.