Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cacko/qtopia Network Applet And /etc/pcmcia Files
OESF Forums > General Forums > General Support and Discussion > Security and Networking
speculatrix
I was setting up WPA on cacko 1.23 on my SL-C860 and edited the /etc/pcmcia/wlan-ng.opts file, and changed the names of some of the configurations to make them more consistent.

I noticed that the changes were not reflected when I next ran the qtopia/cacko network configuration applet.

Where does the config applet store the settings? I need to re-fix things to ensure consistency, as something's gone wrong and I can't get the WEP keys and WPA keys I used to work any more.

thanks
Paul
speculatrix
I stumbled apon them whilst looking for something else...

Each connection setting is stored in its own file in /home/zaurus/Applications/Network/modules

Thus, if you fiddle with a file in one place, you need to be sure to keep the /etc/pcmcia files consistent.

Moral: if you use a GUI for configuration, keep using it, and only tweak the config files if absolutely necessary. As far as I can see, the only time you need to do this is to turn on WPA.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.