Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wired Internet Over Usb Cable
OESF Forums > General Forums > General Support and Discussion > Security and Networking
Legodude522
I setup my iBook to share the internet over the USB port that the Zaurus uses. How would I get my Zaurus to use it? It doesn't detect anything in the Network programme.

I never used internet on this yet :-) Sharp Zaurus SL-C1000. Qtopia ROM.
adf
QUOTE(Legodude522 @ Feb 25 2006, 02:57 AM)
I setup my iBook to share the internet over the USB port that the Zaurus uses.  How would I get my Zaurus to use it?  It doesn't detect anything in the Network programme.

I never used internet on this yet :-)  Sharp Zaurus SL-C1000.  Qtopia ROM.

I completely forget on sharprom. on pdaxrom it is a menu item. I think there is stuff in your network settings, though... and I vaguely recall something about having to mess with network settings on the desktop too.....

sorry
freizugheit
Firstly, we need to download and install the USB driver from http://www.lucid-cake.net/osx_zaurus_usb/index_en.html.

If the installation is successful, Mac IP and Zaurus IP will be 192.168.129.1 and 192.168.129.201 respectively. Please ping each other to confirm the IPs are working.

To share your Internet connection from iBook, you need to share your Internet under Systems Preferences/Sharing/Internet

Next add the following in /etc/resolve.conf in Zaurus (one time entry):
- nameserver IPofNameServerofYourISP

Then whenever you want to surf the net via iBook, you need to issue the following two commands:
-sudo route add -host 192.168.129.1 usbd0
-sudo route add default gw 192.168.129.1
- Configure your browser proxy server to be 192.168.129.1

I hope the above will help.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.