Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gpe Pim Apps
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > pdaXrom
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Xromer
Ok from now i will edit only the first post of the Topic so you can see it as the first and then comment.
Here will be the status of the packages for FC4 and Zauri.
All these packages are here

Fedora 4 packages:
gnome-common-cvs.160406-1.i386.rpm -> Needed to compile the new libmimedir
gpe-announce-cvs.060406-1.i386.rpm -> Works
gpe-calendar-180406-1.i386.rpm -> Works, strange AT beahaviour please help me to understand.
gpe-icons-cvs.060406-1.i386.rpm -> Ok
libcontactsdb-cvs.060406-1.i386.rpm -> Works
libeventdb-cvs.060406.fixed-1.i386.rpm -> Works, currently under frequent changement
libgpepimc-cvs.160406-1.i386.rpm -> Works as usual
libgpevtype-cvs.160406-1.i386.rpm -> Works, new changement due to a new libevent
libgpewidget-cvs.060406-1.i386.rpm -> Works as usual, no changement
libmimedir-cvs.160406-1.i386.rpm -> New functions for importation to look at
libschedule-cvs.060406-1.i386.rpm -> New implentations, changement on the at libpopt code
libsoundgen-cvs.060406-1.i386.rpm -> Works as usual
libtododb-cvs.060406-1.i386.rpm -> Works as usual
libxsettings-client-cvs.060406-1.i386.rpm -> No changements

Zaurus packages:
gpe-announce_cvs.060406.fixed_armv5tel.ipk -> Works.
gpe-calendar_cvs.240406_armv5tel.ipk -> New Day,Weeks,Months views. Added an event list on the right side to list all the events, nice!!!!
gpe-contacts_cvs.060406_armv5tel.ipk -> New nice interface, always importation segfaults ( see above)
gpe-gallery_cvs.060406_armv5tel.ipk -> Works but has a limited load capacity that is about 30 images i saw, after that goes segfault i don' know why!
gpe-icons_cvs.060406_armv5tel.ipk -> Fully works!
gpe-irc_cvs.060406_armv5tel.ipk -> Fully works! Needs the dictionary and the smile icons.
gpe-ownerinfo_cvs.060406_armv5tel.ipk -> Fully works!
gpe-shield_cvs.060406_arm.ipk -> Fully works!
gpe-sketchbook_cvs.060406_armv5tel.ipk -> Fully works, better visuality!
gpe-soundbite_cvs.060406_armv5tel.ipk -> To try! Remember to install the libgnomeui and libglade packages and to switch on the mic
gpe-timesheet_cvs.060406_armv5tel.ipk -> Fully works!
gpe-today_cvs.060406_armv5tel.ipk -> Fully works!
gpe-todo_cvs.060406_armv5tel.ipk -> Fully works! New nice interface
gsm_1.0.11_armv5tel.ipk -> Fully works!
gstreamer_0.8.12_armv5tel.ipk -> Fully works!
libcontactsdb_cvs.060406_armv5tel.ipk -> Fully works!
libeventdb_cvs.060406_armv5tel.ipk -> Fully works!
libgpepimc_cvs.060406_armv5tel.ipk -> Fully works!
libgpevtype_cvs.060406_armv5tel.ipk -> Fully works!
libgpewidget_cvs.060406_armv5tel.ipk -> Fully works!
libschedule_cvs.060406.fixed_armv5tel.ipk -> Now works like the Ipaq's one triggering the atd directly! It was my fault as it was only a problem of alarm_file named different from Family.
libsoundgen_cvs.060406_armv5tel.ipk -> Fully works!
libtododb_cvs.060406_armv5tel.ipk -> Fully works!
libxsettings-client_cvs.060406_armv5tel.ipk -> Fully works!

Here still remain old packages wihout need of changes:
libmimedir_0.3.1_armv5tel.ipk -> Works
sqlite_2.8.17_armv5tel.ipk -> Works

NEWS ON 25 Apr 2006
Enhancements on the Zauri side, i compiled the new CVS changes and fixed the alarm_file name for the PdaXrom atd.
Now the alarms are well generated and announce wakes up, it' s only to correct the functions that makes you have only one alarm for time.
Try them!
BYez!
pgas
limit is 5 megs per post.
you can mail the ipks to me pierre.gaston@gmail.com
and I'll put them on mail.pdaxrom.org/contrib
Xromer
QUOTE(pgas @ Feb 26 2006, 07:54 PM)
limit is 5 megs per post.
you can mail the ipks to me pierre.gaston@gmail.com
and I'll put them on mail.pdaxrom.org/contrib

OK, i' ll do now.
THX!
DReymann
Hi,
I just installed the apps. I am very interested to test, because I exspect them to be better adapted to the PDA-screen.
Gpe-calendar and gpe-contacts segfault, when I try to import data. They crash immediately after clicking on the import-button. On the command-line there is only the message "Segmentation fault". Importing data would be essential for serious usage.
Any ideas?

Detlev
karlto
Hi Xromer

Thanks for all your work on this - looking really good. As a replacement for alarms using kopi, gpe-calendar looks like the business, as it goes directly to atd and shouldn't have to be running for alarms to work.

However, every time I try to set an appointment with an alarm in gpe-calendar, it comes up with a warning:

'There is a problem with the scheduling daemon (perhaps atd is not running)! This can cause issues.'

It does cause issues, because the alarm doesn't go off! atd is running and working (tested with other things). gpe-calendar is adding files to /var/spool/at/ (although they seem to have slightly different file names). These files specify a lot of variables, then try to run gpe-announce followed by gpe-calendar.

I think gpe-announce is a dialog box type utility, but it isn't installed with any of your packages and I can't find it elsewhere. gpe-calendar doesn't seem to be run by atd, but perhaps it is stopping because it can't find gpe-announce? Or is it failing to add the file to the spool because it can't be parsed to begin with?

Do you have any ideas or suggestions that I can try?

Once again, thanks for all your work.

Karl

(SL6000L, RC12)
Xromer
QUOTE(karlto @ Mar 8 2006, 05:22 AM)
Hi Xromer

Thanks for all your work on this - looking really good. As a replacement for alarms using kopi, gpe-calendar looks like the business, as it goes directly to atd and shouldn't have to be running for alarms to work.

However, every time I try to set an appointment with an alarm in gpe-calendar, it comes up with a warning:

'There is a problem with the scheduling daemon (perhaps atd is not running)! This can cause issues.'

It does cause issues, because the alarm doesn't go off! atd is running and working (tested with other things). gpe-calendar is adding files to /var/spool/at/ (although they seem to have slightly different file names). These files specify a lot of variables, then try to run gpe-announce followed by gpe-calendar.

I think gpe-announce is a dialog box type utility, but it isn't installed with any of your packages and I can't find it elsewhere. gpe-calendar doesn't seem to be run by atd, but perhaps it is stopping because it can't find gpe-announce? Or is it failing to add the file to the spool because it can't be parsed to begin with?

Two screenshots taken with gpe-screenshot.

Do you have any ideas or suggestions that I can try?

Once again, thanks for all your work.

Karl

(SL6000L, RC12)

OK, i' ve just released another set of packages GPE packages.
I mailed them to pgas to put them on my contrib.
This is the list and issues:
gpe-calendar_0.72_armv5tel.ipk -> another time import error, don' t know how to fix, working on atd issue
gpe-contacts_0.44_armv5tel.ipk -> another time import error, don' t know how to fix
gpe-icons_0.25_armv5tel.ipk -> Works
gpe-ownerinfo_0.28_armv5tel.ipk -> Works
gpe-screenshot_0.4_armv5tel.ipk -> Works
gpe-timesheet_0.21_armv5tel.ipk -> Works
gpe-today_0.10_armv5tel.ipk -> Works
gpe-todo_0.55_armv5tel.ipk -> Works
gpsd_2.28_armv5tel.ipk -> Works
gpsdrive_2.10pre2_armv5tel.ipk -> Works but not as root user, don' t know why
libcontactsdb_0.3_armv5tel.ipk -> Works
libeventdb_0.21_armv5tel.ipk -> Works
libgpepimc_0.5_armv5tel.ipk -> Works
libgpevtype_0.16_armv5tel.ipk -> Works
libgpewidget_0.110_armv5tel.ipk -> Works
libmimedir_0.3.1_armv5tel.ipk -> Works
libschedule_0.15_armv5tel.ipk -> Works
libtododb_0.09_armv5tel.ipk -> Works
libxsettings-client_0.16_armv5tel.ipk -> Works
sqlite_2.8.17_armv5tel.ipk -> Works

They are nearly the same of the old ones, except for the new mimedir implementation that fix some bugs related to the importations, logically you can see it in the FC4GPE new realease, but i' m trying to see what' s going on on ipks.
New utilities packged as timesheet, screenshot and today.
Guys i tried to install a new gtk2 package to fix some windows problems but i got the same segfaults.
Anyone has suggestions? Do you think it' s an optimization problem? If someone has suggestions on gcc flags optimization to fix this problem i would appreciate it very much.
BYEZ laugh.gif

P.S. Karito i have to work on the calendar code for the events issue as announce is connected to other packages as gpe-soundserver and GPE xserver implementations that need a total repackage of Xserver that now i don' t have time to manage.
Sketch.r i tried to compile gpe-mini-browser but is based on osb-jscore bugged package and i can' t compile it but now i would like to fix the packages that haven' t similar in the PdaXrom distribution. Sorry, try to see what' s the matter on the gtk-webcore at sourceforge.net and if you give a fixed osb-jscore to me i will package it.

Two screenshots taken with gpe-screenshot:
scheck.r
Sketch.r  i tried to compile gpe-mini-browser but is based on osb-jscore bugged package and i can' t compile it but now i would like to fix the packages that haven' t similar in the PdaXrom distribution. Sorry, try to see what' s the matter on the gtk-webcore at sourceforge.net and if you give a fixed osb-jscore to me i will package it.

Never mind, you have already done a really good job. As you said there are other priorities.

Thank you very much for the new packages and fixes.
karlto
QUOTE(Xromer @ Mar 9 2006, 12:07 AM)
P.S. Karlto i have to work on the calendar code for the events issue as announce is connected to other packages as gpe-soundserver and GPE xserver implementations that need a total repackage of Xserver that now i don' t have time to manage.

That's a pity - I suppose that announce is the only thing that actually makes an alarm popup, so leaving it out of the at command wouldn't achieve much...?

Thanks anyway
Xromer
That's a pity - I suppose that announce is the only thing that actually makes an alarm popup, so leaving it out of the at command wouldn't achieve much...?

Thanks anyway

[/quote]
Ok i overrided the X11 GPE request generating the x11.pc file needed to compile, then i compiled announce and libsoundgen. Now gpe-announce gets on alarm and ring on the right device /dev/dsp instead of /dev/misc/buzzer.
Now i have to make it reach the mixer device and take the alarms from calendar.
But i 've never used atd until now, so i have to study it a little bit to get all the GPE stuff to work.
I' m studying gcc optimizations to work out segfaults stuff too.
Any suggestions are very appreciated.
THX to everyone! laugh.gif
karlto
QUOTE(Xromer @ Mar 9 2006, 10:16 AM)
Ok i overrided the X11 GPE request generating the x11.pc file needed to compile, then i compiled announce and libsoundgen. Now gpe-announce gets on alarm and ring on the right device /dev/dsp instead of /dev/misc/buzzer.
Now i have to make it reach the mixer device and take the alarms from calendar.
But i 've never used atd until now, so i have to study it a little bit to get all the GPE stuff to work.
I' m studying gcc optimizations to work out segfaults stuff too.
Any suggestions are very appreciated.
THX to everyone!  laugh.gif

Cool - that sounds like great progress!

I don't think you need to worry about it taking the alarms from the calendar - the calendar already seems to have it sorted (just need announce for announcing).

Here is one of the at spool files created by gpe-calendar for my test alarm:
CODE
#!/bin/sh
export DISPLAY=:0
X11_MIDDLE_MOUSE_BUTTON_MOD=103; export X11_MIDDLE_MOUSE_BUTTON_MOD
X11_RIGHT_MOUSE_BUTTON_MOD=27; export X11_RIGHT_MOUSE_BUTTON_MOD
QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt; export QTDIR
DISTCC_HOSTS=192.168.129.1\ localhost; export DISTCC_HOSTS
X11_RIGHT_MOUSE_BUTTON=; export X11_RIGHT_MOUSE_BUTTON
USER=root; export USER
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/kde/lib:/opt/native/arm/3.4.4-xscale-softvfp/lib; expor
KDEDIR=/usr/lib/kde; export KDEDIR
TSLIB_TSEVENTTYPE=CORGI; export TSLIB_TSEVENTTYPE
PATH=/opt/native/arm/3.4.4-xscale-softvfp/bin:/opt/sdk/bin:/root/bin:/bin:/sbin:
PWD=/home/root; export PWD
NATIVE_SDK_FILES_PREFIX=/opt/native/arm/3.4.4-xscale-softvfp/armv5tel-cacko-linu
KDEDIRS=/usr/lib/kde; export KDEDIRS
PS1=\\[\\033[01\;31m\\]\\h\ \\[\\033[01\;34m\\]\\W\ \$\ \\[\\033[00m\\]; export
SHLVL=3; export SHLVL
HOME=/home/root; export HOME
LOGNAME=root; export LOGNAME
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/native/arm/3.4.4-xscale-softvfp/armv5tel-cacko-linux/lib/pk
TSLIB_TSDEVICE=/dev/ts; export TSLIB_TSDEVICE
DISPLAY=:0; export DISPLAY
COLORTERM=; export COLORTERM
XAUTHORITY=/home/root/.Xauthority; export XAUTHORITY
SYSTEM_TRAY_ID=0; export SYSTEM_TRAY_ID
gpe-announce 'test'
gpe-calendar -s 1141838040 -e 1 &

rm -f $0

As far as I can see, the last few lines are the only important ones - should announce with the name of the appointment ('test'), then call the calendar. Time is already set, and atd takes care of suspend wakeup and everything. It's a really nice solution.

I would be happy to test if you have a package compiled with announce included... smile.gif

Thanks
Xromer

I don't think you need to worry about it taking the alarms from the calendar - the calendar already seems to have it sorted (just need announce for announcing).

CODE
#!/bin/sh
USER=root; export USER
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/kde/lib:/opt/native/arm/3.4.4-xscale-softvfp/lib; expor
PATH=/opt/native/arm/3.4.4-xscale-softvfp/bin:/opt/sdk/bin:/root/bin:/bin:/sbin:
NATIVE_SDK_FILES_PREFIX=/opt/native/arm/3.4.4-xscale-softvfp/armv5tel-cacko-linu
SHLVL=3; export SHLVL
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/native/arm/3.4.4-xscale-softvfp/armv5tel-cacko-linux/lib/pk
gpe-announce 'test'

rm -f $0

As far as I can see, the last few lines are the only important ones - should announce with the name of the appointment ('test'), then call the calendar. Time is already set, and atd takes care of suspend wakeup and everything. It's a really nice solution.

I would be happy to test if you have a package compiled with announce included... smile.gif

Thanks

[/quote]
Ok now i'm working on the FC4 side, i compiled libsoundgen and gpe-announce. Got gpe-announce run manually, it gets up and sound. The mute key works, but when i press the snooze key it deals about a trigger at event that lacks.
Now the problem is that i don' t understand what' s the right at format is ????
I' m looking at the gpe-calendar code why it puts all the env stuff in the at command.
:-)
Xromer
QUOTE(Xromer @ Mar 8 2006, 11:20 PM)

CODE
#!/bin/sh
USER=root; export USER
SHLVL=3; export SHLVL
gpe-announce 'test'

rm -f $0

Thanks

Ok now i'm working on the FC4 side, i compiled libsoundgen and gpe-announce. Got gpe-announce run manually, it gets up and sound. The mute key works, but when i press the snooze key it deals about a trigger at event that lacks.
Now the problem is that i don' t understand what the right at format is ????
I' m looking at the gpe-calendar code why it puts all the env stuff in the at command.
We are near EHEHEHEH! I feel it! Yes but now, i' m near to the BED! HIIHI! BYEZ! :-)
karlto
QUOTE(Xromer @ Mar 9 2006, 11:23 AM)
Now the problem is that i don' t understand what the right at format is ????
We are near EHEHEHEH! I feel it! Yes but now, i' m near to the BED! HIIHI! BYEZ! :-)

I couldn't figure out why the variables either; maybe something to do with snoozing the alarm? Most of them are not even relevant to my Zaurus anyway (e.g. IP address, compiler, etc all wrong)

I believe that the '-s 1141838040' switch on gpe-calendar above refers to the at spool file name, so this could have something to do with it...

atd is probably a stripped-down version for pdaXrom - no atq command or anything like that, but it seems to work fine. I would say just start with the gpe-announce and gpe-calendar lines on their own and see what happens from there!

Cheers
pgas
the updated packages are on mail.pdaxrom.org/contrib
Xromer
OK here are the new packages:
FC4:

gpe-announce-0.13-1.i386.rpm -> Works, to test the ATD implementation
gpe-filemanager-0.24-1.i386.rpm -> Works, pretty fast and funny.
gpe-mileage-0.1-1.i386.rpm -> Works
gpe-multisync-0.1-1.i386.rpm -> To test, i didn' t because i hate sinchronization smile.gif
gpe-shield-0.9-1.i386.rpm -> Works fine, it' s a fast alternative to other tools like Firestarter or FWbuilder
gpe-sketchbook-0.2.9-1.i386.rpm -> Works, i find it very useful for fast notes, as no sinchronization is needed with the desktop (sketchbook PdaXrom port here)
gpe-taskmanager-0.19-1.i386.rpm -> Works, funny and very fast utility to manage the windows!
libgpelaunch-0.14-1.i386.rpm -> Works
libnsqlc-0.2-1.i386.rpm -> To test, is the library needed by gpe-multisync
libsoundgen-0.3-1.i386.rpm -> Works, library needed by gpe-announce

Zaurus pdaXrom:

gpe-announce_0.13_armv5tel.ipk -> Works, what' s the right sound device? I thoutght it was /dev/dsp but it tells me device or resource busy....??????? Let me know it' s fast to correct.
gpe-gallery_0.97_armv5tel.ipk -> Works, but it segfaults on too long files listing.
gpe-mileage_0.1_armv5tel.ipk -> Works
gpe-ownerinfo_0.28_armv5tel.ipk -> Works
gpe-screenshot_0.4_armv5tel.ipk -> Works
gpe-sketchbook_0.2.9_armv5tel.ipk -> Works
gpe-taskmanager_0.19_armv5tel.ipk -> Works
gpe-timesheet_0.21_armv5tel.ipk -> Works
gpe-today_0.10_armv5tel.ipk -> Works
libgpelaunch_0.14_armv5tel.ipk -> Works
libsoundgen_0.3_armv5tel.ipk -> Works

I will send the packages to pgas as always.
BYEZ!! smile.gif
karlto
QUOTE(Xromer @ Mar 12 2006, 01:06 PM)
gpe-announce_0.13_armv5tel.ipk -> Works, what' s the right sound device? I thoutght it was /dev/dsp but it tells me device or resource busy....??????? Let me know it' s fast to correct.

Hi Xromer

I'm pretty certain /dev/dsp is correct, so it sounds like something else has it locked. I'll try the new packages as soon as pgas posts them, and see whether it's just a configuration issue, or hopefully at least find out what is locking the sound device.

Thanks

Karl
Xromer
QUOTE(karlto @ Mar 12 2006, 07:58 PM)

Hi Xromer

I'm pretty certain /dev/dsp is correct, so it sounds like something else has it locked. I'll try the new packages as soon as pgas posts them, and see whether it's just a configuration issue, or hopefully at least find out what is locking the sound device.

Thanks

Karl

THX Karl, i' m now looking at the gtk_get_selection_multiple issue that makes gpe-calendar and gpe-contacts segfault.
First thing i saw that exportation with a 1 file sel widget does not bring to segfault, so i think that making the 1 file selection on the import issue would fix the problem.
But it' s not simple, beacause the need of a redesign of the on_import_vcal function of the main.c file in the gpe-calendar, that' s the same of gpe_contacts.
I now know the functions to change, but the problem it' s i' m at the begin on reading the GTK+ API documentation, so if someone has a good skill and can help would appreciate it.
Ok i' ll wait to your test to fix the sound dev problem.
For the message "There is a problem with the scheduling daemon (perhaps atd is not running)!\nThis can cause issues." i saw is in the event-ui.c file and is related to the schedule issue, i' m trying to understand it too, because in the Zauri it doesn' t pop up ???? STRANGE.
BYEZ! laugh.gif
karlto
QUOTE(Xromer @ Mar 13 2006, 08:38 AM)
For the message "There is a problem with the scheduling daemon (perhaps atd is not running)!\nThis can cause issues." i saw is in the event-ui.c file and is related to the schedule issue, i' m trying to understand it too, because in the Zauri it doesn' t pop up ???? STRANGE.

It pops up for me - not always, but mostly after the first time the appointment is set. I assumed that 'at' will return a value on success or failure of setting a scheduled command, and that perhaps it tried to parse the commands given and failed because gpe-announce doesn't exist? Either that or it says it because not all of the command line switches are supported by the Zaurus version of atd/at? E.g. I don't seem to be able to list the queue, so perhaps calendar requires this to confirm the scheduling worked...?
Xromer
QUOTE(karlto @ Mar 12 2006, 08:59 PM)
QUOTE(Xromer @ Mar 13 2006, 08:38 AM)

It pops up for me - not always, but mostly after the first time the appointment is set. I assumed that 'at' will return a value on success or failure of setting a scheduled command, and that perhaps it tried to parse the commands given and failed because gpe-announce doesn't exist? Either that or it says it because not all of the command line switches are supported by the Zaurus version of atd/at? E.g. I don't seem to be able to list the queue, so perhaps calendar requires this to confirm the scheduling worked...?

Thats the clear command with whom the libschedule interfaces with atd.
sprintf(call_at, "/usr/bin/at -q g -f /tmp/atjob.txt %02d:%02d %02d.%02d.%02d 2>&1", tm.tm_hour, tm.tm_min, tm.tm_mday, tm.tm_mon+1, tm.tm_year-100);
As you can see there are 2 switches -q and -f and after the file reference there' s the time string.
The %02d means that the tm.tm_hour and subsequent variables must return a formatted decimal that is the number you see in the /var/spool/at dir.
Now this code changes are very fast to do, the problem is understand the real behaviour of the 2 at daemons the Desktop' s one and Zauri' s one.
After that there' s the event_ui.c code of the gpe-calendar utility that returns the control of the libschedule.

if (ev->flags & FLAG_ALARM)
{
ev_real = get_cloned_ev(ev);
ev_d = event_db_get_details (ev_real);
if (((int)(ev->start) != (int)skip) && (uid!=ev_real->uid))
{
gchar *action;

action = g_strdup_printf ("gpe-announce '%s'\ngpe-calendar -s %ld -e %ld &\n",
ev_d->summary, (long)ev->start, ev_real->uid);
if (!schedule_set_alarm (ev->uid, ev->start, action, TRUE))
{
/* silently ignore for Maemo, we do not have scheduling here :-( */
#ifndef IS_HILDON
GtkWidget* dialog;

dialog = gtk_message_dialog_new (GTK_WINDOW(d),
GTK_DIALOG_DESTROY_WITH_PARENT,
GTK_MESSAGE_WARNING,
GTK_BUTTONS_CLOSE,
_("There is a problem with the scheduling daemon (perhaps atd is not running)!\nThis can cause issues."));
gtk_dialog_run (GTK_DIALOG(dialog));
gtk_widget_destroy(dialog);
#endif
}
g_free (action);
break;
}
}
}
event_db_list_destroy (events);
}

As you can see the FLAG ALARM is taken from the libschedule and the action gpe-announce '%s'\ngpe-calendar -s %ld -e %ld &\n is taken to wake up gpe-announce. A check of the alarm taken is done by schedule_set_alarm reference to libschedule that in case of failure popups the windows with the massage we know.
So the lack of gpe-announce doesn' t fit anything with the popup.
Always in the schedule_set_alarm there' s the string that touch the at command i.e. sprintf(call_at, "/usr/bin/at -q g -f /tmp/atjob.txt %02d:%02d %02d.%02d.%02d 2>&1", tm.tm_hour, tm.tm_min, tm.tm_mday, tm.tm_mon+1, tm.tm_year-100);
so giving the right command to the at daemon surely works out the problem.
But i think there' s a difference in the Ipaq and Zauri at port and the Desktop one, as in the Desktop the schedule_set_alarm function fails and i see that atd is not triggered.
Let me know BYEZ!
karlto
QUOTE(Xromer @ Mar 13 2006, 03:19 PM)
Thats the clear command with whom the libschedule interfaces with atd.
sprintf(call_at, "/usr/bin/at -q g -f /tmp/atjob.txt %02d:%02d %02d.%02d.%02d 2>&1", tm.tm_hour, tm.tm_min, tm.tm_mday, tm.tm_mon+1, tm.tm_year-100);

OK - here's an example command using that format:

CODE
/usr/bin/at -q g -f /tmp/atjob.txt 15:32 13.03.06

...which does *not* work on my Zaurus. It creates a file with a different extension and different file mode in /var/spool/at, just like gpe-calendar did! at doesn't return; I have to kill it, so this would explain a bad return value.

It *does work* if I remove the -q switch:

CODE
/usr/bin/at -f /tmp/atjob.txt 15:32 13.03.06

The pdaXrom version of atd does not seem to support queues (e.g. above we are trying to add to a queue called 'g'). As far as I can see, this is only for organising and reviewing purposes, and is not required. Note also that the -l switch (used to list queued commands - see at man page) does not work in pdaXrom, so hopefully it isn't used anywhere either.

I would say just remove the '-q g' switch and see what happens!
karlto

I just tried this, and it fails for me too. It seems that pdaXrom uses esd, which would explain it. I tried 'esdctl standby' to release /dev/dsp, but it doesn't seem to work.

From what I gather, it should be possible to simply pipe the sound to the program '/usr/bin/esddsp', which gives compatibility with older dsp programs... is this possible? It would then play any sound through the esound daemon, and should work fine!

With the correct at command and working sound, that would be it!

(fingers crossed)
Xromer
QUOTE(karlto @ Mar 13 2006, 04:18 AM)

I just tried this, and it fails for me too. It seems that pdaXrom uses esd, which would explain it. I tried 'esdctl standby' to release /dev/dsp, but it doesn't seem to work.

From what I gather, it should be possible to simply pipe the sound to the program '/usr/bin/esddsp', which gives compatibility with older dsp programs... is this possible? It would then play any sound through the esound daemon, and should work fine!

With the correct at command and working sound, that would be it!

(fingers crossed)

OK when i said that we were near i said because it is. HHEHEHHE! laugh.gif
You know now i know the code to change, so this evening i will do the fixes and release the packages to test.
THX for your investigations they are fundamental to undestand the At and Sound behaviours, as i don' t have much time to test.
Code changes for the AT commands are very easy to do.
For the sound i think that was my mistake.
HUM.... gpe-announce seems to use 2 devices to generate the sound.
One is the BUZZER device:
#define BUZZER_FILE "/dev/misc/buzzer"
#define CFG_NOSOUND -2
#define CFG_AUTOMATIC -1

And this is the function:
void open_buzzer (void)
{
buzzerfd = open (BUZZER_FILE, O_WRONLY);
}

int set_buzzer (int on, int off)
{
struct buzzer_time t;

if (buzzerfd == -1)
return 0;

t.on_time = on;
t.off_time = off;

if (ioctl (buzzerfd, IOC_SETBUZZER, &t))
{
perror ("IOC_SETBUZZER");
return -1;
}

return 0;
}

void buzzer_off (int sig)
{
set_buzzer (0, 0);
exit (128 + sig);
}

The other is the libsoundgen soundgen_init function that already trigs the ESD daemon as you see.

int soundgen_init(void)
{
int dspfd;

if ((dspfd = esd_play_stream_fallback(ESD_STEREO | ESD_BITS16 | ESD_STREAM | ESD_PLAY, 44100, NULL, NULL)) < 0) {
#ifdef DEBUG
perror("error opening /dev/dsp");
#endif
return (-1);
}
_tone1_buffer = NULL;
_tone2_buffer = NULL;

return dspfd;
}

When i redirected the BUZZER signal to the /dev/dsp device in the FC4 i think that it worked because the /dev/dsp device can be opened more than 1 time.
This is not true for the Zauri i saw.
I don't really know what the BUZZER device is, that is a direct call to the LINUX ioctl.h header as you can see in the code.
But i think that eliminating the BUZZER issue can be the solution.
Do you agree?
This evening i' ll do the fixes, because here at work i don' t have the CROSS TOOLS installed.
Let me know if you think i' m right.
A consideration, Linux is so powerful that makes understand code relantionship to a Programmer Beginner like me, i will like to thanks for this to all the Linux programmers in the World and to the GPL license logically!!!!
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
THX again to the PdaXromers guys for their excellent work! That made me find the final reason having Linux in my PDAS too. GO ON LIKE THAT!!!!

BYEZ!!
karlto
QUOTE(Xromer @ Mar 14 2006, 02:01 AM)
HUM.... gpe-announce seems to use 2 devices to generate the sound.
One is the BUZZER device:
#define BUZZER_FILE "/dev/misc/buzzer"
#define CFG_NOSOUND  -2
#define CFG_AUTOMATIC  -1

And this is the function:
void open_buzzer (void)
{
buzzerfd = open (BUZZER_FILE, O_WRONLY);
}

int set_buzzer (int on, int off)
{
struct buzzer_time t;

if (buzzerfd == -1)
  return 0;

t.on_time = on;
t.off_time = off;

if (ioctl (buzzerfd, IOC_SETBUZZER, &t))
{
  perror ("IOC_SETBUZZER");
  return -1;
}

return 0;
}

void buzzer_off (int sig)
{
set_buzzer (0, 0);
exit (128 + sig);
}

The other is the libsoundgen soundgen_init  function that already trigs the ESD daemon as you see.

int soundgen_init(void)
{
int dspfd;

if ((dspfd = esd_play_stream_fallback(ESD_STEREO | ESD_BITS16 | ESD_STREAM | ESD_PLAY, 44100, NULL, NULL)) < 0) {
#ifdef DEBUG
  perror("error opening /dev/dsp");
#endif
  return (-1);
}
_tone1_buffer = NULL;
_tone2_buffer = NULL;

return dspfd;
}

When i redirected the BUZZER signal to the /dev/dsp device in the FC4 i think that it worked because the /dev/dsp device can be opened more than 1 time.
This is not true for the Zauri i saw.
I don't really know what the BUZZER device is, that is a direct call to the LINUX ioctl.h header as you can see in the code.
But i think that eliminating the BUZZER issue can be the solution.
Do you agree?

Hmmm.... here is the exact error I get:

CODE
unable to get volume
IOC_SETBUZZER: Invalid argument
/dev/dsp: Device or resource busy
/dev/dsp: Device or resource busy
error opening /dev/dsp: Illegal seek
Couldn't init soundgen

The last four lines are repeated a couple of times, then the IOC_SETBUZZER line, then a few more iterations of the last four lines.

Here is something - I have no '/dev/misc/buzzer' on my Zaurus, but I do have a '/dev/misc/sharp_buz'. Try leaving the buzzer stuff in and
CODE
#define BUZZER_FILE /dev/misc/sharp_buz

Perhaps you also need to have a look for the esd_play_stream_fallback() function and see what it does? Where did you define /dev/dsp?

Keep up the good work - this will be a much more reliable alarm system than apmsleep and kopi!

Karl
miskinis
QUOTE(Xromer @ Feb 26 2006, 06:30 PM)
gpsdrive_2.10pre2_armv5tel.ipk ->]Works but not as root user, don' t know

I would be very interested to know if gpsdrive works under a non-root user, if
you perform a "chmod a+rw" on the serial port device.

Thanks, John
Xromer
QUOTE(miskinis @ Mar 14 2006, 05:41 AM)
QUOTE(Xromer @ Feb 26 2006, 06:30 PM)
gpsdrive_2.10pre2_armv5tel.ipk ->]Works but not as root user, don' t know

I would be very interested to know if gpsdrive works under a non-root user, if
you perform a "chmod a+rw" on the serial port device.

Thanks, John

Ok gpe-announce fixed, i was right. The buzzer device it' s not needed by the Zauri and Desktop.
This is the gpe-announce fixed. Still remains the mixer problem, it gives the same "Device busy" because there' s a function that try to control the volume for the Snooze issue.
Now is /dev/mixer the right device?

This 2 functions set the volume to something you can hear.

int get_vol(int *left, int *right, int channel)
{
int vol;
int err;
char *mixer = MIXER;

fd = open(mixer, O_RDONLY);
if(fd == -1)
printf("Unable to open mixer device: %s\n", mixer);
err = ioctl(fd, channel, &vol);
if(err != -1) {
*left = vol & 0xff;
*right = (vol >> 8) & 0xff;
}
close(fd);
return err;
}

int set_vol(int left, int right, int channel)
{
int vol = left | (right << 8);
int err;
char *mixer = MIXER;

fd = open(mixer, O_RDONLY);
if(fd == -1)
printf("Unable to open mixer device: %s\n", mixer);
err = ioctl(fd, MIXER_WRITE(channel), &vol);
close(fd);

return err;
}

This other is for the Snooze it raise auomatically the volume:

if (sound_config == CFG_AUTOMATIC)
switch (times) {
case 0:
set_vol(50,50,SOUND_MIXER_VOLUME);
break;
case 1:
set_vol(55,55,SOUND_MIXER_VOLUME);
break;
case 2:
set_vol(60,60,SOUND_MIXER_VOLUME);
break;
case 3:
set_vol(65,65,SOUND_MIXER_VOLUME);
break;
case 4:
set_vol(70,70,SOUND_MIXER_VOLUME);
break;
case 5:
set_vol(75,75,SOUND_MIXER_VOLUME);
break;
case 6:
set_vol(80,80,SOUND_MIXER_VOLUME);
break;
case 7:
set_vol(85,85,SOUND_MIXER_VOLUME);
break;
case 8:
set_vol(90,90,SOUND_MIXER_VOLUME);
break;
case 9:
set_vol(95,95,SOUND_MIXER_VOLUME);
break;
case 10:
set_vol(100,100,SOUND_MIXER_VOLUME);
break;
default:
break;
}

times++;
if (times>20) PlayAlarmStop = TRUE;

Dev mixer is defined as /dev/mixer

Ok now i' m becoming mad with the atd commands.
at -f /tmp/atjob.txt -q g the -q switch it' s not related to the query but to the priority so that is not the error.
I tried it, it generates the right file in the right /var/spool/at position.
Now i got the error "Atd is not running etc." from gpe-calendar removing the event.
This beacause the atrm it' s not in the atd Zauri package.
So i changed the cancel string to delete the atd file in the spool dir directly.
It worked but the problem is that the event doesn' t execute the command!!!!
So, what a big hassle this at daemon guys.
I still doesn' t know how to make it work from the command line!!!! It doesn' t trig the event nor from the Desktop than the Zauri.
BOHHHHH!! ?????
Yesterday i boguht a Pretec CF GPS, i will try Gpsdrive with it.
BYEZ!!! laugh.gif

P.S. For KarIto:
I found the function that fill the at_file_alarm with the environment garbage i can delete it, but it' s a secondary fix.
trichmon
I want to just say thanks to both of you guys for working on this. This looks like it will be a great solution to the pim needs on pdazrom.

Todd
karlto
QUOTE(Xromer @ Mar 14 2006, 08:34 PM)
Ok gpe-announce fixed, i was right. The buzzer device it' s not needed by the Zauri and Desktop.

Yes - it works (very loud!)

This is the gpe-announce fixed. Still remains the mixer problem, it gives the same "Device busy" because there' s a function that try to control the volume for the Snooze issue.

I get 'unable to get volume' or something, and it blasts out at full noise! (I don't get device busy error unless it is actually busy).

It looks like the right device (mine is a symlink to /dev/sound/mixer). I can get/set the volume using /usr/bin/mixmos or the gui mixer applet without trouble (not both at once of course).

I wonder if the mixer needs to be set at all? If I set the volume low, gpe-announce still runs at full volume. I read somewhere that esd gets volume info with the specific stream, so perhaps the mixer is a red herring and you need to look at the esd play routine? Is there another spot where you get a choice between buzzer and esd?

at -f /tmp/atjob.txt -q g the -q switch it' s not related to the query but to the priority so that is not the error.
Now i got the error "Atd is not running etc." from gpe-calendar removing the event.
So i changed the cancel string to delete the atd file in the spool dir directly.
I still doesn' t know how to make it work from the command line!!!! It doesn' t trig the event nor from the Desktop than the Zauri.

I still think that you need to remove the -q switch. at accepts it on my Zaurus, but it doesn't return. Are you sure that it is making the spool file correctly? When it does this for me, it makes a file, but it doesn't finish correctly and doesn't schedule it. I don't see any need for a priority, as there isn't likely to be much else running!

To make atd work on pdaXrom:

1) Make a file (e.g. atd_command.txt) containing your command (no shebang):
CODE
echo "atd executed this at $(date)" >> ~/atd_test.txt

2) Run at from the command line:
CODE
at -f atd_command.txt 8:15

(it was 8:10 when I did this). Note that if at does not exit cleanly on the command line, it doesn't work. Between 8:10 and 8:15, I can see the file /var/spool/at/1142410500.26491, which is executable. After being executed, it is gone (the file is the command above prefixed by a shebang and postfixed by 'rm -f $0'). The output is of course in ~/atd_test.txt.

The above works perfectly fine for me, and wakes the Zaurus from suspend. However, it fails when I try to use the -q switch (file is made but never executed, just like your problem), or even pipe a command directly into at; it only seems to work with a file input.

It's very close now...

Karl
Xromer
QUOTE(karlto @ Mar 14 2006, 08:37 PM)

Yes - it works (very loud!)

I get 'unable to get volume' or something, and it blasts out at full noise! (I don't get device busy error unless it is actually busy).

It looks like the right device (mine is a symlink to /dev/sound/mixer). I can get/set the volume using /usr/bin/mixmos or the gui mixer applet without trouble (not both at once of course).

I wonder if the mixer needs to be set at all? If I set the volume low, gpe-announce still runs at full volume. I read somewhere that esd gets volume info with the specific stream, so perhaps the mixer is a red herring and you need to look at the esd play routine? Is there another spot where you get a choice between buzzer and esd?

I still think that you need to remove the -q switch. at accepts it on my Zaurus, but it doesn't return. Are you sure that it is making the spool file correctly? When it does this for me, it makes a file, but it doesn't finish correctly and doesn't schedule it. I don't see any need for a priority, as there isn't likely to be much else running!

To make atd work on pdaXrom:

1) Make a file (e.g. atd_command.txt) containing your command (no shebang):
CODE
echo "atd executed this at $(date)" >> ~/atd_test.txt

2) Run at from the command line:
CODE
at -f atd_command.txt 8:15

(it was 8:10 when I did this). Note that if at does not exit cleanly on the command line, it doesn't work. Between 8:10 and 8:15, I can see the file /var/spool/at/1142410500.26491, which is executable. After being executed, it is gone (the file is the command above prefixed by a shebang and postfixed by 'rm -f $0'). The output is of course in ~/atd_test.txt.

The above works perfectly fine for me, and wakes the Zaurus from suspend. However, it fails when I try to use the -q switch (file is made but never executed, just like your problem), or even pipe a command directly into at; it only seems to work with a file input.

It's very close now...

Karl

Ok PERFECT! I got it! GPE-ANNOUNCE completely fixed, now all works and i' ll explain how.
gpe-announce has 3 modes of function.
Silent, Automatic, Level as you can see here:

int get_config (void)
{
int result = CFG_AUTOMATIC;
char *filename = g_strdup_printf("%s/.gpe/alarm.conf", g_get_home_dir());
FILE *cfgfile;
int enabled = 1;
int automatic = 1;
int level = 0;

cfgfile = fopen(filename, "r");
if (cfgfile)
{
int val = -1, ret;
char buf[128];
while (fgets(buf, 128, cfgfile))
{
ret = sscanf(buf, "enabled %d", &val);
if (ret)
enabled = val;

ret = sscanf(buf, "automatic %d", &val);
if (ret)
automatic = val;

ret = sscanf(buf, "level %d", &val);
if (ret)
{
if ((val >= 0) && (val <=100))
level = val;
}
}
fclose(cfgfile);

if (!enabled)
result = CFG_NOSOUND;
else
if (!automatic)
result = level;
}
g_free(filename);

You need to put a file called alarm.conf in your .gpe directory
In this file there must be three lines:
enable 0 -> 0 means volume on, 1 means silent
automatic 0 -> if 1 raise automatically the level to the maximum and after 20 sec goes down
level 0 -> is a range from 0 to 100 of the Volume that remains fixed

For the Unable to get volume is logical because you have only the Master Volume and gpe-announce try to set the PCM too, to be sure that the PCM is active.
But the Zauri haven' t the PCM Volume so i deleted the strings related (The red ones).

if((get_vol(&curl, &curr, SOUND_MIXER_VOLUME) == -1)
|| (get_vol(&curpcml, &curpcmr, SOUND_MIXER_PCM) == -1))
{
VolumeReset = FALSE;
printf("Unable to get volume\n");
}
set_vol(100, 100, SOUND_MIXER_PCM);

signal (SIGINT, buzzer_off);

if (sound_config != CFG_NOSOUND)
set_buzzer (1000, 500);

if (sound_config != CFG_NOSOUND)
{
if (sound_config == CFG_AUTOMATIC)
set_vol(50, 50, SOUND_MIXER_VOLUME);
else
set_vol(sound_config, sound_config, SOUND_MIXER_VOLUME);
}
PlayAlarmStop = FALSE;
if (pthread_create(&SoundThread, NULL, play_alarm, NULL) != 0) {
g_print("pthread_create() failed\n");
gtk_main_quit();
}
return(1);

Ok announce is done i' m finishing fixing the atd issues.
As i finish i' ll release the new libschedule and gpe-announce fixed.
I'll let you know byez!
laugh.gif
karlto
QUOTE(Xromer @ Mar 15 2006, 10:26 AM)
Ok PERFECT! I got it! GPE-ANNOUNCE completely fixed, now all works and i' ll explain how.

<snip>

Ok announce is done i' m finishing fixing the atd issues.
As i finish i' ll release the new libschedule and gpe-announce fixed.
I'll let you know byez!
laugh.gif

Well done! It all makes sense in hindsight, but I know for a fact that getting there isn't so simple!

Looking forward to trying it out!
Antikx
Great work! I look forward to giving it a try when you finish the last stretch of the journey.
Xromer
QUOTE(Antikx @ Mar 15 2006, 12:04 AM)
Great work! I look forward to giving it a try when you finish the last stretch of the journey.

OK guys the GPE-PIM suite for Desktop is finally ready!!!
I did it!
Libschedule finally fixed!
Now, please help me to test it!! Logically already did some test on my PC before porting it.
Before testing it, remember 3 important things.
1) Test it at your own risk, because the code changes i made is on a foreigner code so i doesn' t know the all functions links to the library as i worked only in a very limited range.
Theese are the code changes i made.

GPE-ANNOUNCE:
a)Deleted the BUZZER device management, as there' s not BUZZER device on Desktop nor on the Zauri.
b)Deleted the VolumeReset function, because has an hardware implication to read the Volume state from the Sound Device. It points to the wrong Memory Address and gives the "Unable to get the volume" message so it's useless.
It only means that at the end of GPE-Announce message the volume remains how it was set from GPE itself and does not return to the state before Announce woke up.
c) As karlto told me, i reduced the Automatic raise range volume to the 80% than the original 100%.
This to make GPE-Announce not give noises when it wakes up.
You can logically contact me to compile a louder Announce if you like.
d) Raised the sound playing time to 30 SEC instead of 20 for the Automatic issue.
That' s my taste i thought 20 is few to wake up HIHIHIHI! ph34r.gif
Logically can change this too.

LIBSCHEDULE:
There' s a #define HAVE_AT in the atd.c code, that makes you choose from to different implementations of the AT daemon.
One is related to the Ipaq Family port of AT, that is completely deifferent from the Desktop one and from the Zauri one.
The other is related to the Desktop normal AT daemon.
So i compiled libschedule with the #HAVE_AT definition enabled and made some fixes to the Makefile to make the deifinition work.
The real problem is for the Zauri.
It has another ATD implentation that is the port of the normal AT daemon without some features.
This makes the normal AT libschedule commands fail and gpe-calendar freeze.
So i have to see what functions can be and what not in the code. This ports to a complete ridefinition of the code and a little more study of the atd.c file. :-(

2) Remember to put a file called alarm.conf in your .gpe dir as i said in the previous post:
In this file there must be three lines:
enable 0
-> 0 means volume on, 1 means silent
automatic 0 -> if 1 raise automatically the level to the maximum and after 20 sec goes down
level 0 -> is a range from 0 to 100 of the Volume that remains static

3) Remember that all the packages i build are completed with the headers to compile things by yourself. This is true for the Zauri ipks too.
This because they are very little in size so it' s only a comfort to have all toghether.

4) Sorry for my English, i' m trying to enhance it.
But i think that only writing here is a good training. Hope logically that you understand!

OK i have finished, i'm very happy that GPE-PIM now fully works on the Desktop.
So i can migrate from Thunderbird to it.
3 things i love 1 is the atd implementation, 2 is the sqlite one, 3 is the portability of the config files without the need of a synchronization.
Now i would like to get the things better when i have time.
I.E. writing to the GPE-PIMS authors about the things i made and make some enhancement with them. So i can understand better the things than stuying the code by myself.
I would like GPE-Announce to sound better it' s a little noisy, maybe an MP3 implementation would be a COOL thing.
I would like the GPE-Contacts to wake up a mail utility to write mails directly from it.
And the main thing is to have GPE-Contacts control a GPRS module via Gammu or Gnokii.
I' m moving to do it, but now i really don' t have time. :-(
So try the packages and let know!!! I will put them online on my PC asap.
Here are the PKGS ftp://217.133.58.241
Enjoy!!
BYEZ! :-)
cal
I was really hoping to see gpe-mini-browser. Is there any chance its going to work? Its awsome that you put these file together for us. I'm going to try them tonight.
trichmon
That is great man! Are the other RPM's for gpe posted someplace else? And are the ipk's in the contrib section the most current and include the working atd setup.
Xromer
QUOTE(trichmon @ Mar 16 2006, 06:09 PM)
That is great man!  Are the other RPM's for gpe posted someplace else?  And are the ipk's in the contrib section the most current and include the working atd setup.

THX! I think tonight i will put all my work on that address too, but you can find the other stuff here for now.
As i said i' m go on working at the Zauri Atd issue, this evening i can' t but i think tomorrow i will fix the Zauri ipks too.
BYEZ!!
Cheers!
karlto
QUOTE(Xromer @ Mar 17 2006, 06:24 AM)
As i said i' m go on working at the Zauri Atd issue, this evening i can' t but i think tomorrow i will fix the Zauri ipks too.
BYEZ!!
Cheers!

Hi Xromer

So you are still having trouble with the at command? Or is it something else? Let me know if you want me to test anything to get this going, as I have a reliable atd installation on my Zaurus that I use for waking it up all the time.

Thanks

Karl
Xromer
QUOTE(karlto @ Mar 16 2006, 08:03 PM)
BYEZ!!
Cheers!

Hi Xromer

So you are still having trouble with the at command? Or is it something else? Let me know if you want me to test anything to get this going, as I have a reliable atd installation on my Zaurus that I use for waking it up all the time.

Thanks

Karl

Ok the problem is this, i don' t know the function of the -c switch in the normal AT daemon.
So i can' t understand this function.

static gboolean
same_alarm (guint alarm_uid, guint id, guint start_time)
{
char dline[256], call_at[256];
int id_check, start_time_check;
FILE *at_return;

sprintf(call_at, "/usr/bin/at -c %d 2>&1", alarm_uid);
if ((at_return=popen(call_at, "r")) != NULL)
{
while(fgets(dline,sizeof(dline),at_return)) {
if (sscanf(dline,"#!# %i %i", &id_check, &start_time_check) == 2) {
if (id==id_check && start_time==start_time_check) {
pclose(at_return);
return TRUE;
}
}
}
}
pclose (at_return);
return FALSE;
}

If you can explain is the last step to make it work.
I' m working on the Import bug too also if you can use the FC4 GPE to do it.
I' m near to port linphone and phonegaim too, i would to try them with the GPRS card i own.
BYEZ!!
karlto
QUOTE(Xromer @ Mar 17 2006, 08:26 AM)
BYEZ!!
Cheers!

Hi Xromer

Thanks

Karl

Ok the problem is this, i don' t know the function of the -c switch in the normal AT daemon.

static gboolean
{
FILE *at_return;

{
pclose(at_return);
return TRUE;
}
}
}
}
pclose (at_return);
return FALSE;
}

I' m near to port linphone and phonegaim too, i would to try them with the GPRS card i own.
BYEZ!!

OK, the -c switch is short for 'cat' to list the jobs on the command line. It seems to be another command that doesn't work in pdaXrom/Zaurus (at least I can't make it work). Maybe sashz can tell us what does and does not work with the pdaXrom atd? Standard at(1) man page.

The function appears to be checking that the at command successfully scheduled the alarm, which requires a more functional at! As far as I can see, this leaves two options:

1) Gut the function and return TRUE all the time. If at fails, it does so silently. If atd is not installed, this will be caught by the earlier function failing.
2) Re-compile a fully functional atd package. Seems like a lot of work for nothing...

As you may have gathered, I'm in favour of option 1. But then, maybe I'm just rough smile.gif. I imagine that the alarm must still go off at this stage, even though calendar says atd is broken?

Karl
Xromer
QUOTE(karlto @ Mar 17 2006, 01:30 AM)
QUOTE(Xromer @ Mar 17 2006, 08:26 AM)
BYEZ!!
Cheers!

Hi Xromer

Thanks

Karl

static gboolean
{
FILE *at_return;

{
pclose(at_return);
return TRUE;
}
}
}
}
pclose (at_return);
return FALSE;
}

BYEZ!!

OK, the -c switch is short for 'cat' to list the jobs on the command line. It seems to be another command that doesn't work in pdaXrom/Zaurus (at least I can't make it work). Maybe sashz can tell us what does and does not work with the pdaXrom atd? Standard at(1) man page.

The function appears to be checking that the at command successfully scheduled the alarm, which requires a more functional at! As far as I can see, this leaves two options:

1) Gut the function and return TRUE all the time. If at fails, it does so silently. If atd is not installed, this will be caught by the earlier function failing.
2) Re-compile a fully functional atd package. Seems like a lot of work for nothing...

As you may have gathered, I'm in favour of option 1. But then, maybe I'm just rough smile.gif. I imagine that the alarm must still go off at this stage, even though calendar says atd is broken?

Karl

UHM...... Ok i understood now i will put a control string, to see what the functions really return to sprintf in the commands.
After that i can implement such control beahaviour in other way instead of cutting the control itself.
Without the atrm function, it must point the exact at file to delete or could be delete something else.
BYEZ!
Xromer
No way to make the libschedule function with the at daemon, i have to completely redesign it for the pdaXrom at version.
As the alarm_uid sqlite file is based on the string job 18 at 2006-03-18 18:30
released by the at -f etc. command as output.
So the chain in the atd.c file of the libschedule is interrupted.
What i can do is to simulate the job string released by at command with an autoincrement value in the sqlite alarm_uid table.
That' s what i will try to do.
BYEZ! laugh.gif
karlto
QUOTE(Xromer @ Mar 19 2006, 06:30 AM)
No way to make the libschedule function with the at daemon, i have to completely redesign it for the pdaXrom at version.
As the alarm_uid sqlite file is based on the string job 18 at 2006-03-18 18:30
released by the at -f etc. command as output.
So the chain in the atd.c file of the libschedule is interrupted.
What i can do is to simulate the job string released by at command with an autoincrement value in the sqlite alarm_uid table.
That' s what i will try to do.
BYEZ! laugh.gif

It's a shame that the pdaXrom atd is so stripped down - I didn't realise there was output from the 'at -f ...' command normally. I still can't get the 'at -c ...' to do anything (it sort of fails), so I'm still of the same opinion as last post. Either rebuild atd with more functionalty (hard work) or cut out the extra stuff in gpe (rough). Unfortunately I haven't got the time to help much more than testing at present, so I'm in favour of the rough path...

Thanks for all your work - I'm sure you'll nail it soon.
Xromer
It's a shame that the pdaXrom atd is so stripped down - I didn't realise there was output from the 'at -f ...' command normally. I still can't get the 'at -c ...' to do anything (it sort of fails), so I'm still of the same opinion as last post. Either rebuild atd with more functionalty (hard work) or cut out the extra stuff in gpe (rough). Unfortunately I haven't got the time to help much more than testing at present, so I'm in favour of the rough path...

Thanks for all your work - I'm sure you'll nail it soon.

[/quote]
I' m having a lot of fun, fixing and looking around codes, because i' m learning a lot.
So don' t worry, i need exercise.
Ok, i rewrote the atd.c file with the sqlite AUTOINCREMENT implementation.
Now it works!
But there' s a deeper bug that goes ahead the libschedule.
:-(
It comes from gpe-calendar. It seems that with it' s own libschedule designed when it generates an at event, after the first it doesn' t generate the next one but repeats all the same first.
I was becoming mad, thinking i did somtehing wrong with my code, but it wasn' t.
I thing i have to contact the author to see what happened.
I think the problem is that the libschedule was made first for the Ipaq at, and then adapted for the desktop one, as i saw in the gpe.handhelds.org CVS.
So karlto unfortunately porting another ver of atd would not fix the problem that is fixable with some scripts and changes to the code.
But i still remain with the GPE-PIMS as i ported all my contacts and events to that.
And i would like a Sort function in the GPE-Contacts and Todo. :-)
Now i' m really more involved, as i got deeper in the code, and can try to do the changes i want. :-) As i said i' m just at the beginning of real C programming.
For now i can only post the gpe-announce fixed for the Zauri.
After that what can i say...... Read,read and read it' s all about Documentation, EHEHEH!! And GTK+ are fantastic as can i see!!
Until GPE-Calendar will not be fixed, you can use directly the announce putting:
gpe-announce "Name Of Event" in the file to be executed by at.
i. e. at -f file Hour:Min Day.Month.Year
example: at -f myfile 14:55 20.03.06
where myfile is:
#!/bin/sh
gpe-announce "Event"
rm -f $0

In the meanwhile i will try to port other things i need like openvpn and linuxphone.
BYEZ! cool.gif

P.S. I' ve got a Jornada 720 handheld for my sister and i' m trying Familiar 0.8.2 with gpe, i will see how the gpe apps work with that PDA.
karlto
QUOTE(Xromer @ Mar 20 2006, 01:32 PM)
I' m having a lot of fun, fixing and looking around codes, because i' m learning a lot.
So don' t worry, i need exercise.
Ok, i rewrote the atd.c file with the sqlite AUTOINCREMENT implementation.
Now it works!
But there' s a deeper bug that goes ahead the libschedule.
:-(
It comes from gpe-calendar. It seems that with it' s own libschedule designed when it generates an at event, after the first it doesn' t generate the next one but repeats all the same first.
I was becoming mad, thinking i did somtehing wrong with my code, but it wasn' t.
I thing i have to contact the author to see what happened.
I think the problem is that the libschedule was made first for the Ipaq at, and then adapted for the desktop one, as i saw in the gpe.handhelds.org CVS.
So karlto unfortunately porting another ver of atd would not fix the problem that is fixable with some scripts and changes to the code.
But i still remain with the GPE-PIMS as i ported all my contacts and events to that.
And i would like a Sort function in the GPE-Contacts and Todo. :-)
Now i' m really more involved, as i got deeper in the code, and can try to do the changes i want. :-) As i said i' m just at the beginning of real C programming.
For now i can only post the gpe-announce fixed for the Zauri.
After that what can i say...... Read,read and read it' s all about Documentation, EHEHEH!! And GTK+ are fantastic as can i see!!
Until GPE-Calendar will not be fixed, you can use directly the announce putting:
gpe-announce "Name Of Event" in the file to be executed by at.
i. e. at -f file Hour:Min Day.Month.Year
example: at -f myfile 14:55 20:03:06
where myfile is:
#!/bin/sh
gpe-announce "Event"
rm -f $0

In the meanwhile i will try to port other things i need like openvpn and linuxphone.
BYEZ! cool.gif

Good work - so the at thing is basically sorted then?

I believe that 'myfile' should only contain the middle line - at adds the shebang and the 'rm -f $0' for you.

What do you mean by the next event? Does it raise all alarms with the same text (i.e. that of the first alarm set)? Is this just for suspended alarms, or all? I'm not sure I follow, especially given the code snippets you have been posting as these all appear to deal with events on an individual basis (where would it get the old data from?)

I will test gpe-calendar some more to see exactly what you mean...
karlto
Hi Xromer

I see what you mean about repeating the same event. Bearing in mind that my at command is still failing, here is what I found.

I set up three alarms, all in future, and one alarm already existed in the past. The first time it created a wakeup event with the name of the alarm in the past. It also created a wakeup for the first of the three events in the future, but not the other two. I tried changing names and alarms, but still it would only update the first one, and only after I manually deleted the at spool files. It seemed slightly unreliable/random.

However, when I closed calendar, it created a single at spool file for the first alarm that has not yet occurred, with the right name! This was consistently correct.

Have a look at what calendar does when closed - I wonder if there is a function that can be run when updating alarms that is more accurate? It seems to get the right one anyway, and only the first alarm needs to go off at a time. Just set the next one after that.

That was an awful description, wasn't it? Hopefully you know what I mean...

Karl
Xromer
QUOTE(karlto @ Mar 20 2006, 02:06 AM)
Hi Xromer

I see what you mean about repeating the same event. Bearing in mind that my at command is still failing, here is what I found.

I set up three alarms, all in future, and one alarm already existed in the past. The first time it created a wakeup event with the name of the alarm in the past. It also created a wakeup for the first of the three events in the future, but not the other two. I tried changing names and alarms, but still it would only update the first one, and only after I manually deleted the at spool files. It seemed slightly unreliable/random.

However, when I closed calendar, it created a single at spool file for the first alarm that has not yet occurred, with the right name! This was consistently correct.

Have a look at what calendar does when closed - I wonder if there is a function that can be run when updating alarms that is more accurate? It seems to get the right one anyway, and only the first alarm needs to go off at a time. Just set the next one after that.

That was an awful description, wasn't it? Hopefully you know what I mean...

Karl

Offcourse i know what you mean, HHEEHEHEH!!! I began to study the gpe-calendar code, to have tools for a program discussion with the author.
Well........
There are some strange beahaviours i can' t explain myself.
The one of them os what you said. I.E. the call of the schedule_next function at the exit of the GPE-Calendar.
static void
gpe_cal_exit (void)
{
schedule_next (0, 0, NULL);
event_db_stop ();
gtk_main_quit ();
}

The schedule_next function trigger the schedule_set_alarm in the event-ui.c file of Calendar.
It seems the last refresh before exiting to be sure that all events are saved.
But as you know, the schedule_set_alarm for Desktop and Zauri is completely different than the Ipaq one. So it triggers 2 times and more the same event registration whithout going to the next one.
I saw there was the FOSDEM 2005 (Free and Open Source Developers European Meeteing) just right finished! So the authors are fresh of conveign and talk about Gnome and GPE.
It' s the right time for me to begin help them developing. As i began to help the PdaXrom guys.
We will see how i can improve my skill.
But this week i have a lot to do and i have to leave all the code changes. As i' m still reading GTK+ API' s documentation.
The next week i have more time to dedicate it and i will try to do my best to work out all the problems.
In the meanwhile you can make me note the things the GPE PIMS lack, i will forward them to the authors.
BYEZ! :-)
mikesapunk
I've been using Xromer's port of the GPE PIM Apps for a few days -- and I must say they're awesome! They load very fast and work very well.

I also tried the KDE PIM Apps and although they were nice too, they took FOREVER to load.

The GPE PIM Apps are the best I've seen by far on the Z at this point. Keep up the good work Xromer!

P.S. I have one question -- some of the screens (such as the New Contact screen) are too big to fit on the page. Mostly because the 'Address' field is HUGE. Is there a way to make those fields smaller, or is there a screen resolution parameter I can add to my .desktop file to make it fit within the Z's screen size?
Xromer
QUOTE(mikesapunk @ Mar 20 2006, 10:41 PM)
I've been using Xromer's port of the GPE PIM Apps for a few days -- and I must say they're awesome! They load very fast and work very well.

I also tried the KDE PIM Apps and although they were nice too, they took FOREVER to load.

The GPE PIM Apps are the best I've seen by far on the Z at this point. Keep up the good work Xromer!

P.S. I have one question -- some of the screens (such as the New Contact screen) are too big to fit on the page. Mostly because the 'Address' field is HUGE. Is there a way to make those fields smaller, or is there a screen resolution parameter I can add to my .desktop file to make it fit within the Z's screen size?

Tanks mikesapunk.
Now, as i' m always saying it, i love GTK+ 'cause they are fast and reliable, that' s way i' m concentrated in the GPE tools.
Being done natively for PDAs they are very fast and simple as code, that' s why i love them.
Now to your question:
I' ve not yet looked at the GPE-Contacts code, because now i would like first to solve the Calendar issue.
Sure there will be a rendering function that controls the behaviour of the Contacts main window.
And sure it can be changed to fix this problem. But, as i said, this week i don' t have time to look at it and i've not yet contacted the GPE-pims authors.
For now assign an ALT Key function in the Input Config utility and press the key assigned while moving your PEN on the touschscreen to move the window.
It is true for all the windows in pdaXrom WM.
Cheers!
DReymann
Hi,

I still have problems importing my data from Korganizer/kopi or even iCal (on Mac) to the gpe-calendar and -todo apps.

Because the import on the zaurus does not work (see my post earlier in this thread) I installed the applications with the rpms on my linux-desktop.

Importing an exported vcal-file results in an Message-Box saying "Import of 1 file failed: export.vcs". On the command-line it says:
import_vcal : Fehler beim Lesen der Kalendardatei /home/reymann/export.vcs: Syntax-Fehler (Attribut-Name/-Gruppe fehlt)!
[ a rough translation: import_vcal : Error reading the calendar-file blabla: sytax-error (missing name/group of attributes)]

In this case nothing happenes to the gpe-databases.

Using an exported ical-file (either from Korganizer or iCal) the application starts working on the file, shows a message-box "Import succesful" but no date or todo is shown. On the command-line during import a lot of messages of the type
"Das benutzerdefinierte Profil-Attribut X-KOPIEXTID ist unbekannt."
[The user defined profile-attribute X-KOPIEXTID is unknown]
and then following a lot of messages:
"Unable to parse date: 14.07.2006"
When I open .gpe/calender with sqlite and launch SELECT * FROM calendar;
I get a lot of information like:
65|duration|14400
65|start|12.12.2006 14:00:00
65|sequence|2
65|eventid|kopi-1450956042-475
65|summary|Senatssitzung

Any idea what is going wrong? I really would like to import my data from kopi ...

Detlev
karlto
QUOTE(DReymann @ Mar 22 2006, 08:46 AM)
Hi,

I still have problems importing my data from Korganizer/kopi or even iCal (on Mac) to the gpe-calendar and -todo apps.

Because the import on the zaurus does not work (see my post earlier in this thread) I installed the applications with the rpms on my linux-desktop.

Importing an exported vcal-file results in an Message-Box saying "Import of 1 file failed: export.vcs". On the command-line it says:
import_vcal : Fehler beim Lesen der Kalendardatei /home/reymann/export.vcs: Syntax-Fehler (Attribut-Name/-Gruppe fehlt)!
[ a rough translation: import_vcal : Error reading the calendar-file blabla: sytax-error (missing name/group of attributes)]

Using an exported ical-file (either from Korganizer or iCal) the application starts working on the file, shows a message-box "Import succesful" but no date or todo is shown. On the command-line during import a lot of messages of the type
65|duration|14400
65|sequence|2
65|summary|Senatssitzung

Any idea what is going wrong? I really would like to import my data from kopi ...

Detlev

This probably isn't exactly specific to your situation, but I have found in the past when importing/exporting ical files that different apps use all sorts of different field names that don't match up with each other (hence maybe why you're getting missing attributes errors and successful imports are missing pieces).

The only concrete solution is to find what the importing app expects compared to what the exporting app saves and go from there. Maybe you can modify field names to match in one of the apps import/export settings? Or run a script on the saved file to fix it?
Xromer
QUOTE(DReymann @ Mar 21 2006, 08:46 PM)
Hi,

65|duration|14400
65|sequence|2
65|summary|Senatssitzung

Detlev

Please remember that all GPE PIMS are based on the Sqlite engine.
So do not use the GPE-PIMS tools to convert and import or export DBS, because they are in a ealry stage of development.
I suggest you to use the SQlite tools instead. You have a big range of choice, from Kexi for KDE that support a big variety of DBS as MySQL,Postgres, CVS files etc., to SQLFairy that is set of Perl tools to do what you need.
In this way you don' t have to do a one by one conversion, but you only export your contacts to a CVS file and convert it to the simple SQLite format all toghether.
BYEZ!
DReymann
Hi,

playing around with the database-files used by gpe-calendar I was able to trace down the import-problem a little bit.

As far as I see, the dates are stored in the table "calendar" within the database-file calendar (You find it in the .gpe-directory).
Each date is stored as a series of records with the fields "uid", "tag" and "value". All records of one date have the same uid.
The problem related to the import is based on the fact, that the dates are stored like this "23.05.2006 11:00:00" but gpe-calendar expects them to be "2006-05-23 11:00".
If you change the values in the database accordingly, they are shown correctly.

I am not sure, whether this is a bug in the import-routine or whether it is due to the fact, that my desktop-pc is configured for the german date-format.

Any hint where to report this to. I still think that a working import-routine might increase the acceptance of the program a lot.

Detlev
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2015 Invision Power Services, Inc.