Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Meritline MWL-672 Wireless LAN 11b Compact Flash Adapter
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Model Specific Forums > 5x00 Hardware
arnoldmm
Does anyone have one of these running on a Zaurus?
Anonymous
Actually, I wanted to know too. I think it uses a prism chipset, but I'm not 100% on that. If it does, it's supported. I almost bought one, but I've been browsing ebay and found a better deal then 35$ for a wireless CF card.
arnoldmm
I ordered one, I'll receieve it in the next few days and post my experiences
arnoldmm
Recieved the card today, seems like a good adapter, worked out of the box on my SL-5500 running OZ 3.3.5. The adapter goes for $32, with shipping and tax (I live in CA) came to just over $40. Z says it's an "Orinoco or Prism 2"
metal9966
OK, Kinda stupid question...

I am thinking of buying on of these Meritline MWL-672 as its dirt cheap. ($25)

I would love to have a card that I use on both my Knoppix laptop and the sl-5500.

http://www.meritline.com/mewlwicoflad.html

It states that it will work with laptops as well.

Ok, if a card works with the Zaurus, It should work on a x86 laptop with linux installed right?????

probably a silly question...
Snappy
QUOTE(metal9966 @ Jun 19 2006, 06:05 AM)
OK, Kinda stupid question...

I am thinking of buying on of these Meritline MWL-672 as its dirt cheap. ($25)

I would love to have a card that I use on both my Knoppix laptop and the sl-5500.

http://www.meritline.com/mewlwicoflad.html

It states that it will work with laptops as well.

Ok, if a card works with the Zaurus, It should work on a x86 laptop with linux installed right?????

probably a silly question...

It should as long as the linux distro has the appropriate driver and card definitions installed. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.