Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recommended Software For Fresh Install
OESF Forums > General Forums > General Support and Discussion > Software
brownb2
I'm got a standard SL 5500 that I've not used in a while. I'm looking to do a minimalist install on the stock Sharp 3.13 ROM.

Primarily I need

A good minimalist theme (unlike Sharp's eyeball burning attempts)
A swap file manager
A media player (I've already purchased TKCVideo a while ago, and I use the Sharp player plugin for oggs)
VNC

Are there any other recommendation, e.g. a good file manager?

My aim is to have as much free internal memory as possible, while being completely functional as a mobile media player, an encyclopaedia, occasionally run Java programs.

Thanks,

Benjamin
bluedevils
kino2 and tree explorer are good

If you've got a 5500 and want sharp rom, I believe tkcrom has a flat theme that I think is very clean looking (compared to the other themes). I'm not sure if the cacko rom has it.
brownb2
Kino2 looks promising - is Tree explorer available for SL5500?

QUOTE(bluedevils @ Mar 1 2006, 09:12 AM)
kino2 and tree explorer are good

If you've got a 5500 and want sharp rom, I believe tkcrom has a flat theme that I think is very clean looking (compared to the other themes).  I'm not sure if the cacko rom has it.
bluedevils
it should be.
brownb2
The TreeExplorer text appears as boxes so I can't figure out what the menu items are. I guess this is to do with a missing font -does anybody know?

QUOTE(bluedevils @ Mar 1 2006, 09:38 AM)
it should be.
Jon_J
Hit the view menu, select language, select english.
"View" menu will be the 3rd one from the left.
Jon
brownb2
Nice one - thanks!

QUOTE(Jon_J @ Mar 1 2006, 03:17 PM)
Hit the view menu, select language, select english.
"View" menu will be the 3rd one from the left.
Jon
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.