Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hitachi 4gb Cf
OESF Forums > General Forums > General Support and Discussion > Accessories
joegoose
I have a C1000 and have recently purchased a 4gb Hitachi Microdrive (3.81 available)

I am using it in under Qtopia 1.5.4 as supplied by Figlabs.

Initially I was able to see the drive in File Manager, and copy files to it but not save them directly from the Hancom applications (I checked it was 777)

Then I changed the partition table to 2 x 1.91GB drives.

When I put the CF card in the Zaurus, it mounted the first partition which worked wonderfully in Qtopia (including Hancom) but I could neither mount nor see the second partition.

I am happy with having the drive split, but would appreciate help on how to recognise the second partition.

Incidentally, I am also a victim of the 2GB SD limit, and I am thinking of partitioning this card to 1.9 + 0.1. so info on mounting the second partition of that would also be useful

Bless you all,

JB rolleyes.gif
BarryW
Make sure you have the second partition in the fstab. Also make sure you have a mount point made in the /mnt folder. Basically just copy what the fstab has for the drive, I think it shows as /dev/hda1, so make a /dev/hda2, and make a directory in /mnt as /mnt/hda2. This is all off the top of my head, so I'm not 100% sure, but this should point you in the right direction.
joegoose
many thanks, I will test this and let you know

Jonathan
joegoose
I tried to do this,

basically the entries in /mnt are just links to files in /usr/mnt.rom,

I cannot add a cf2 directory as it is telling me it is a read-only file system and it iwll not let me chmod

help

thanks
BarryW
QUOTE(joegoose @ Mar 6 2006, 10:46 AM)
I tried to do this,

I cannot add a cf2 directory as it is telling me it is a read-only file system and it iwll not let me chmod

help

thanks

That's wierd, I put a /mnt/usbstorage on mine. Maybe remount root as read write?
joegoose
QUOTE(BarryW @ Mar 6 2006, 09:15 PM)
QUOTE(joegoose @ Mar 6 2006, 10:46 AM)
I tried to do this,

help

thanks

That's wierd, I put a /mnt/usbstorage on mine. Maybe remount root as read write?

I would need to be walked through how to do that, as I am not so au fait with Linux
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2015 Invision Power Services, Inc.