Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Updated Vnc Viewer For Sharp Roms
OESF Forums > General Forums > General Support and Discussion > Software
Pages: 1, 2
TimW
QUOTE(ken @ Jun 30 2006, 08:21 AM)
QUOTE(TimW @ Jun 29 2006, 08:51 PM)
I'll see if I can get a fix in for this...

thanks!

I've added a checkbox under where you set the display number called "Use as port". If you check this, the display number is interpreted as the port number instead.

I've attached an ipk for sharp style roms and the source for anyone who wants it.
ken
QUOTE(TimW @ Jul 13 2006, 10:47 PM)
I've added a checkbox under where you set the display number called "Use as port". If you check this, the display number is interpreted as the port number instead.

Tried it, works great. Thanks!
ldrolez
QUOTE(TimW @ Jul 14 2006, 10:47 AM)
attached an ipk for sharp style roms and the source for anyone who wants it.

Many thanks ! I've added your software:
http://zaurus.palmopensource.com/index.php?more=58

If you have screenshots, new releases or if your patches are integrated
to opie, feel free to update the entry.

Cheers,

Ludovic.
ken
TimW,

I was wondering, is there a field for username also?
TimW
QUOTE(ken @ Jul 19 2006, 10:47 AM)
TimW,

I was wondering, is there a field for username also?

AFAIK username is irrelevant to VNC (so I'm pretty sure there isn't one).
ken
QUOTE(TimW @ Jul 19 2006, 02:10 AM)
AFAIK username is irrelevant to VNC (so I'm pretty sure there isn't one).

vnc allows you to use windows signons as security. on some installations, I have username/password combinations to log in.
TimW
QUOTE(ken @ Jul 19 2006, 06:47 PM)
vnc allows you to use windows signons as security.  on some installations, I have username/password combinations to log in.

I'm pretty sure that isn't part of the RFB protocol so that is probably specific to some server/client combination for Windows. Do you know which server you are using?
xamindar
If you are using windows in this manner then why not use remote desktop? It allows username logins and seems to run faster than vnc.
ken
QUOTE(TimW @ Jul 20 2006, 12:00 AM)
I'm pretty sure that isn't part of the RFB protocol so that is probably specific to some server/client combination for Windows. Do you know which server you are using?

ultravnc in this case
ken
QUOTE(xamindar @ Jul 20 2006, 06:35 AM)
If you are using windows in this manner then why not use remote desktop?  It allows username logins and seems to run faster than vnc.

sure. except we're talking zaurus here, remember? also, keep in mind, remote desktop means the person on the other end can't see what you're doing.
xamindar
QUOTE(ken @ Jul 20 2006, 08:55 AM)
QUOTE(xamindar @ Jul 20 2006, 06:35 AM)
If you are using windows in this manner then why not use remote desktop?  It allows username logins and seems to run faster than vnc.

sure. except we're talking zaurus here, remember? also, keep in mind, remote desktop means the person on the other end can't see what you're doing.

yes and zaurus DOES have remote desktop. Did you forget?
ken
QUOTE(xamindar @ Jul 20 2006, 08:56 PM)
yes and zaurus DOES have remote desktop.  Did you forget?

remote desktop == other side can't see. I want them to see. hence vnc.
matthis
Teakettle gives out segmentation fault at launch on sl-c3200 with sharp rom, tetsu kernel.
Strange..........
TimW
QUOTE(matthis @ Sep 25 2007, 12:51 AM)
Teakettle gives out segmentation fault at launch on sl-c3200 with sharp rom, tetsu kernel.
Strange..........

At launch (which I can't do much about) or on connection. I've just discovered a bug where if the VNC server doesn't send a Desktop name (which AFAIK only applies to Apple's current RD server) it can crash teakettle.

I don't have a build environment ATM but if this maybe is your problem, let me know and I'll try and sort it. In the meantime Vine Server is a good VNC server for Macs which does send a desktop name.

If it doesn't fit your problem, then the only thing I can think of is your bookmarks file is corrupt. Try deleting ~/Applications/teakettle/bookmarks (I'm not sure of the capitalisation but you should be able to find it) and then restarting teakettle.
matthis
Thanks for you help.

The segfault is on launch. I have looked for a bookmark file but there was none.
I installed teakettle version 0.6 and works perfectly.

Best regards,
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.