Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How To Clear App From Installed List In Pkg Mgr?
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > pdaXrom
ArchiMark
Tried to install Firefox but ran out of room on /User...so didn't fully install...

But it shows up on 'Installed' list. Tried to remove it by clicking in checkbox and get checkmark and then click on 'gear' button. Asks if I want to remove Firefox, say yes...minute later it stops process, but it is still in list. Log says that "Package Firefox not found on external storages".

How can I clear this from list, so that I can install it on other partition with more room??

Tried removing in Aterm but there's no Firefox to remove...

Any suggestions?

blink.gif

Thanks,

Mark
Meanie
QUOTE(ArchiMark @ Mar 10 2006, 03:38 PM)
Tried to install Firefox but ran out of room on /User...so didn't fully install...

But it shows up on 'Installed' list. Tried to remove it by clicking in checkbox and get checkmark and then click on 'gear' button. Asks if I want to remove Firefox, say yes...minute later it stops process, but it is still in list. Log says that "Package Firefox not found on external storages".

How can I clear this from list, so that I can install it on other partition with more room??

Tried removing in Aterm but there's no Firefox to remove...

Any suggestions?

blink.gif

Thanks,

Mark

There are two parts to this. You can check /usr/lib/ipkg/info/firefox.list and remove all the files listed in there to clean up and then delete the file itself. Then you need to remove the firefox entries in /usr/lib/ipkg/status
ArchiMark
Thanks as always for your help, Meanie!

Checked but no 'firefox.list' file there...removed entries from 'status'....

biggrin.gif

Mark

QUOTE(Meanie @ Mar 9 2006, 10:42 PM)
There are two parts to this. You can check /usr/lib/ipkg/info/firefox.list and remove all the files listed in there to clean up and then delete the file itself. Then you need to remove the firefox entries in /usr/lib/ipkg/status
Xromer
QUOTE(ArchiMark @ Mar 10 2006, 03:31 PM)
Thanks as always for your help, Meanie!

Checked but no 'firefox.list' file there...removed entries from 'status'....

biggrin.gif

Mark

QUOTE(Meanie @ Mar 9 2006, 10:42 PM)

OK....
Type ipkg status firefox to see where is installed.
It will looks like this:
Package: firefox
Root: /home/user
Version: 1.0

It means that the file description is installed in /home/user/usr/lib/ipkg.
So you have to go there and edit the status file and delete the strings related to firefox.
After that you have to go in the /home/user/usr/lib/info and delete the file firefox.list.
That' s it.
Hope it helps.
BYEZ!
ArchiMark
Thanks for that info, Xromer!

Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.