Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Power Off From 38%? Is This Ok?
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Model Specific Forums > C1000/3x00 General discussions
DaemonsGR
My Z shut off with the meter at about 38% of battery!!! Is this ok??????
xamindar
Mine will do that sometimes if I plug in a CF card at the wrong time or unplug and plugin the external power too fast. It is probably just a protection, I wouldn't worry about it.
DaemonsGR
But I cant turn it on after that! I need to put the power plug for some time to turn it back on and leave it to charge!!!
xamindar
so mean to say that EVERY time it reaches 38% it shuts off? It says "Connect AC" and turns off?
DaemonsGR
No, First time pop Connect AC @ 10% and died after 3 sec. then after I charge it, at about 30% after I disconnected it from the pc (USB link) died with no warnings. And last night the same thing with ~38% after long HDD use (add and remove debian).
DaemonsGR
GRRRRR Sorry its not the power! Zaurus is working but the lcd turns it self off!!!! If I "tap" on screen it beeps smile.gif
xamindar
oh! Just increase the brightness level one notch. Are you using cacko or have you installed that applet that allows you to change the backlight level? There is a bug that will turn off the lcd randomly if it is set to the lowest setting.

I first encountered this on the plane ride home from japan. I pulled out my shiny new zaurus and started fiddling around with it. Then the lcd went off. I went frantic and pulled out the battery, rebooted a couple of times and it kept turning off as soon at I touched it. Finally I tried "FN+2" and it was back to normal.

For a second there I thought I had messed up the rom and would have to wait another 9 hours to be able to reflash it and use it again.
DaemonsGR
Thnx for helping smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.