Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gnumeric On My C1k
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Model Specific Forums > C1000/3x00 General discussions
gdog
So can anybody tell me what I would need to do, (and if it's even possible), to install gnumeric on my C1K running the stock Sharp ROM?

I have some large spreadsheets that just refuse to open with Hancom Sheet.

Thanks in advance!
adf
does it not work using meanie's xqt stuff? I haven't tried any of this, but.... pdaxrom has an xqt feed. meanie has the xqt+apps cramfs.... possibly somehwere in there you might get something working?
gdog
Hmmmm. I'm hoping to hear that I can just install an ipk and have it work. I have a stable system and don't want to risk having to start over again. Probably won't happen that way, but.....I'll see if I can find what Meanie has.
apink
Gnumeric is a big reason why I am running pdaxrom. It works like a charm there. wink.gif
dlj0
QUOTE(apink @ Mar 14 2006, 10:43 PM)
Gnumeric is a big reason why I am running pdaxrom.  It works like a charm there. wink.gif

Gotta agree. With gnumeric, abiword, nedit, sylpheed, firefox, not to mention tex and lyx (I'm still fiddling with that), what I've got with pdaxrom (and my 3100, but your 1000 can do it with a big sd card) is a real computer rather than a big pda.
koen
QUOTE(dlj0 @ Mar 15 2006, 03:38 AM)
QUOTE(apink @ Mar 14 2006, 10:43 PM)
Gnumeric is a big reason why I am running pdaxrom.  It works like a charm there. wink.gif

Gotta agree. With gnumeric, abiword, nedit, sylpheed, firefox, not to mention tex and lyx (I'm still fiddling with that), what I've got with pdaxrom (and my 3100, but your 1000 can do it with a big sd card) is a real computer rather than a big pda.

The latest versions of gnumeric and abiword have OpenDocument support, so no need for the OpenOffice monster any more!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.