Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help Me! Usb Keyboard On Pdxxrom~~
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > pdaXrom
Kondou
Hello everybody: (I am foreigner English am not fluent Sorry~~~~)

I am a c1000 pdaxrom 1.1.0 user but i use PC Usb keyboard on my c1000

but keyin 1 show b keyin 2 show c please dear all help me how to can use USB KEYBOARD on my C1000 for pdaxrom TK~~~~~

my linux not ripely i hope can get a ipk to install ~~~

i am use 101 key standard keyboard

TK~~~ dear all help Me ~~~~
anunakin
Look this post:
http://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showt...122&hl=keyboard
Kondou
i can not maker a keymap how to?

can get a ipk to me install?

QUOTE(anunakin @ Mar 11 2006, 07:06 PM)
Antikx
You should only need to use xev to find the key codes. See the second post: http://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showt...ndpost&p=110904
I would recommend making a copy of the existing "akita.xmodmap" and call it what your keyboard is called and then edit it.
Please post your results so that others can learn from you.
Kondou
how to read & modify the keymap tab? have 4 column
and how to gat all key name table (eg. Lift, apostrophe, question)

exp:

keycode 14 = f F dstroke ordfeminine

14 is keycode, f F is show Character, dstroke ordfeminine is what?
anunakin
QUOTE(Kondou @ Mar 13 2006, 05:17 AM)
how to read & modify the keymap tab? have 4 column
and how to gat all key name table (eg. Lift, apostrophe, question)

exp:

keycode  14 = f F dstroke ordfeminine

14 is keycode, f F is show Character, dstroke ordfeminine is what?

keycode 14 = f F dstroke ordfeminine

First, the sintax:

keycode NUMBER = NORMAL SHIFT ALTGr ALTGr+SHIT

The names dstroke ordfeminine, are the keysyms, I got mines form xev on PC and looking at .map files on PC...
Kondou
Thank anunakin:

but i login on X-window how to not need restart X-window to use the c1000 keyboard or usb keyboard?

if i insert the usb keyboard on c1000 auto change to ketmap on abnt2.map
if i remove the usb keyboard on c1000 auto change keymap to define akita.xmodmap not need restart X-Window?
mars
QUOTE(Kondou @ Mar 13 2006, 05:16 PM)
but i login on X-window how to not need restart X-window to use the c1000 keyboard or usb keyboard?

I haven't figured out how to do it automatically, but I've generated two keyboard files -- one for changes to the usb keyboard -- and one for changes back to the zaurus. I then do an "xmodmap configuration_file" from the terminal to switch.
Meanie
QUOTE(mars @ Mar 14 2006, 07:06 AM)
QUOTE(Kondou @ Mar 13 2006, 05:16 PM)

I haven't figured out how to do it automatically, but I've generated two keyboard files -- one for changes to the usb keyboard -- and one for changes back to the zaurus. I then do an "xmodmap configuration_file" from the terminal to switch.

you can create a script under /etc/hotplug/usb which detects when a usb keyboard is plugged in/unplugged and can run the appropriate commands to load the coressponding mappings accordingly.
anunakin
I have made some changes on ~/.xinitrc, then you need exit from openbox and use startx again, after plug USB Keyboard... and why not use a automatic method? well in my tests... if I apply a .map file on a running Xsession... the keymaps go wrong and many kays dont works, I dont know why this it....

The files is here, I think you need change some thinks in abnt2.map, this is for Brazilian Laptop Keyboards.... for get keycodes use xev

ph34r.gif
Kondou
sad.gif I have some ideas but are unable with English to answer ~~~ sad.gif

QUOTE(anunakin @ Mar 14 2006, 11:53 AM)
I have made some changes on ~/.xinitrc, then you need exit from openbox and use startx again, after plug USB Keyboard... and why not use a automatic method? well in my tests... if I apply a .map file on a running Xsession... the keymaps go wrong and many kays dont works, I dont know why this it....

The files is here, I think you need change some thinks in abnt2.map, this is for Brazilian Laptop Keyboards.... for get keycodes use xev

ph34r.gif
Kondou
I thought xmodmap can't reset (not clear old keymap), abnt2.map only overwrite in akita.xmodmap on memory ~~ many kays dont works or wrong
Kondou
biggrin.gif my c1000 & mouse & Soft Keyboard~~
Kondou
biggrin.gif The keyboard can rollup facilitates carries~~~~~
anunakin
A microsoft mouse, hehe! tongue.gif

But this keyboard sounds a good think, I found a Palm IR Keyboard, but dont have 100% working driver and $150 is very expancive for a keyb....
Antikx
QUOTE(Kondou @ Mar 14 2006, 07:34 AM)
biggrin.gif  The keyboard can rollup facilitates carries~~~~~

Sweet!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.