Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Working Tiemu
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > pdaXrom
ShadowMaster
I tried everything... from the one on the unstable feed, to some user-compiled tiemu2, going trough a tiem3 compilation (by another user) even compiling it by myself and all trow different errors, mostly because of skins...
my binary worked but the "GUI" part of the skin isn't show, and the keyboard mapping is awful and useless, so I'm trying to see if the problem is related to the lack of libjpeg and I'm recompiling with it...
this sucks, if I can't have the HP49 calc running let me at least have ti89/92/v200 on my zaurus sad.gif
I'll keep trying.,...
anyone had success on running one of those emulators?
desertrat
QUOTE(ShadowMaster @ Mar 11 2006, 11:22 PM)
this sucks, if I can't have the HP49 calc running let me at least have ti89/92/v200 on my zaurus  sad.gif
I'll keep trying.,...
anyone had success on running one of those emulators?

If you don't mind the HP48's then grab X48 from here:

http://mail.pdaxrom.org/contrib/anunakin/

The pleasant surprise is that it starts up faster than the, arguably, less powerful Galculator.

-- cheers
ShadowMaster
isn't the same as the HP49...
I like rpn but there are mayor missing features from hp49
I finally made the tiemu emulator work but it's slow as hell...and the keyboard mapping is far from being usable (N=Backspace, LEFT = L, etc, nor even numbers are the same as on the keyboard)
I tried xcas on windows to see if it would be a replacement at least but it failed with a simple calculus exercise that a hp49 solved... and I did try only 3 excercises... so it's not good at all
Civil
ShadowMaster
TiEMU - working. But veeery slow and it needs original Ti 89/92/V200 BIOS (I found it once, but lost now...). Skin - it requries different names for 2 or 3 files. So just rename skins.
ShadowMaster
yeah, as I posted I could get it running... but it was so frikin slow....
I found a HP49 emulator for linux.... but seems like it uses imake and other tools for building, so it's most likely to compile under pocketworkstation... and I don't have storage space for that sad.gif

Here's the link...
http://www.hpcalc.org/details.php?id=4382

anyone interested?
maxg
http://zaurus.maxg.info

It was a pain to get tiemu working, and it will segfault sometimes. Sometimes it may look for shared files in /mnt/card/ti (probably a confiure error from me ...) ; just ln it to /usr and it should be ok.

It's rather slow, too. Maybe that was an understatement.
anunakin
The real HP49, is very slow .... uses same HP48 CPU ... and have more, more.... thinks ... I has one HP49G ... and a HP48GX....


Any sucess compiling SATURN HP49 emulator? for x86?
ShadowMaster
I'll try porting emu48 for linux (is windows-only afaik). Then I'll try compiling it for the Zaurus. I'll also try compiling the SATURN 48/49 emulator in my x86 box

[EDIT]about your build, you are missing the .glade GUI files (wizard and other GUI stuff). also, you compiled it with a hardcoded route to /mnt/card/ti/share/tiemu2 so it looks for those files there.
stuffman
I don't know if one of the builds you've tried was mine, but I have a TiEMU 3 build here which works, albeit very slowly. I think I screwed up the name of one of the skins (TI 92, I think), so it has to be changed (but I don't remember what to...). It's also ridiculously big at 9.5MB as an .ipk (and bigger still when installed). It works, but that's about it.
ShadowMaster
stuffman, try stripping your binaries.
I think that I also tested your build but I had a problem (don't remember what was it)

However, porting emu48 is quite a problem. I probably will replace the GUI and put the settings into a .conf file and command line switches.
It won't be easy, there's still LOT of code that needs to be replaced for equivalent code that works in linux.
However, I think that I can make it work, but don't wait for a build in at least a month... lol
stuffman
QUOTE(ShadowMaster @ Mar 19 2006, 10:03 AM)
stuffman, try stripping your binaries.
I think that I also tested your build but I had a problem (don't remember what was it)

However, porting emu48 is quite a problem. I probably will replace the GUI and put the settings into a .conf file and command line switches.
It won't be easy, there's still LOT of code that needs to be replaced for equivalent code that works in linux.
However, I think that I can make it work, but don't wait for a build in at least a month... lol
*


I stripped the binaries; it's just that I also have *all* of the libs required in the package (some of them are default with pdaXrom). I just sort of gave up on it because it was too slow and I got my TI-89 fixed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.