Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Scp In 3.5.4rc, Not Working
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > Angstrom & OpenZaurus
microsoft/linux
I'm trying to upgrade to 3.5.4, and when I try to use the command
CODE
scp initrd.bin root@exiguitas:initrd.bin

I get the error
CODE
sh: scp: not found
lost connection

Suggestions? It's running dropbear if that helps.
ant
QUOTE(microsoft/linux @ Mar 20 2006, 03:57 AM)
I'm trying to upgrade to 3.5.4, and when I try to use the command
CODE
scp initrd.bin root@exiguitas:initrd.bin

I get the error
CODE
sh: scp: not found
lost connection

Suggestions? It's running dropbear if that helps.

Dropbear is a "stripped down" version and doesn't contain all ssh beauties: scp, sftp, ...
You need the full openssh suite, splitted here:
http://oz.hentges.net/mirror/oz3.5.4/feed/base/
lardman
I've had varying degrees of success with different clients.

Winscp works for me with the 3.5.4pre releases that I built.

Si
microsoft/linux
the thing is, I don't have a card reader, and I don't have capabilities to transfer over to the CF card, because sftp, and scp aren't there. Does anyone know of any clients for linux that work? I'd rather not have to boot windows to transfer.
lardman
As you're running opie you could try ftp to port 4242 with root:rootme

Si
microsoft/linux
Yes, I'm currently running opie. what do you mean root:rootme? Is that the username:password? I'll try that tonight, I'm at school right now.
microsoft/linux
got it working. Thanks to all, I'm now running 3.5.4 GPE. I must say, I like GPE better than OPIE. Anything like fluxbox for the Z?
Hrw
currently we do not have many window managers - GPE use matchbox and we have xfce in feed (does not know how usable xfce is). E17 for collie is currently unavailable - problems with building.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.