Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Packages Announcement
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > pdaXrom
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
anunakin
FreeCIV 2.1.0 beta2 w/ SDLclient

FEED: http://zaurus.vivaphp.net/pdaxrom/misc
IPK: freeciv_2.1.0-beta2_armv5tel.ipk
IPK for Cxx00:
freeciv-cxx00_2.1.0-beta2_armv5tel.ipk
CODE
Package: freeciv
Source: ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/freeciv/beta/freeciv-2.1.0-beta2.tar.gz
Priority: optional
Section: Games
Version: 2.1.0-beta2
Architecture: armv5tel
Description: Civilization(TM)-like game
Depends: xfree sdl-mixer sdl-image sdl-net zlib readline imlib
Size: 3857K

Now using SDLclient interface with fullscreen support, very nice look... biggrin.gif
For sound works use sdl-mixer on my FEED, any other problem try packages dependences on my FEED before...
This package was tested in pdaXrom 1.1.0r121 only!
uMP2k
QUOTE(anunakin @ Sep 28 2006, 02:14 AM)
CODE
Package: freeciv
Source: ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/freeciv/beta/freeciv-2.1.0-beta2.tar.gz
Priority: optional
Section: Games
Version: 2.1.0-beta2
Description: Civilization(TM)-like game
Depends: xfree sdl-mixer sdl-image sdl-net zlib readline imlib
Size: 3857K

Now using SDLclient interface with fullscreen support, very nice look...  biggrin.gif
For sound works use sdl-mixer on my FEED, any other problem try packages dependences on my FEED before...

Just installed this on my C1000 running Beta3 and after adding a couple of extra libs (libvorbis libogg libsmpeg) it now loads up, but that is where my confusion starts dry.gif

I see this is a client for networked games - is it possible to play single player? When it gets past the start screen the option to start a new game is greyed out and I only have the option to join a game or join a server.

If not, is there a freeciv package that allows single player games?
anunakin
QUOTE(uMP2k @ Sep 28 2006, 02:28 AM)
I see this is a client for networked games - is it possible to play single player?  When it gets past the start screen the option to start a new game is greyed out and I only have the option to join a game or join a server.

If not, is there a freeciv package that allows single player  games?

This game have two binaries, civclient and civserver ,however u need use civclient.sh and civserver.sh for loads at Zaurus... this is a HOWTO play offline!
1- Start SERVER
$ civserver.sh put 7 AI players b.e.
set aifill=7
2- At civclient loaded by icon, setup a name and connect to localhost port 5555
3- Starts the game! wink.gif
uMP2k
QUOTE(anunakin @ Sep 28 2006, 11:10 PM)
I see this is a client for networked games - is it possible to play single player?  When it gets past the start screen the option to start a new game is greyed out and I only have the option to join a game or join a server.

This game have two binaries, civclient and civserver ,however u need use civclient.sh and civserver.sh for loads at Zaurus... this is a HOWTO play offline!
1- Start SERVER
set aifill=7

Thanks for the response - now I see how it is suppossed to work.

unfortunately my C1000 setup with beta3 does not seem to have enough free memory to run it. I can start the server in a terminal, but when I then try to run the client from the icon it just freezes on the opening screen.

I think I will give the older version a go and see if I have any luck with it/
anunakin
QUOTE(uMP2k @ Sep 28 2006, 08:02 PM)
QUOTE(anunakin @ Sep 28 2006, 11:10 PM)

1- Start SERVER
set aifill=7

unfortunately my C1000 setup with beta3 does not seem to have enough free memory to run it. I can start the server in a terminal, but when I then try to run the client from the icon it just freezes on the opening screen.

Try use a SWAP, look at forums for a how to!
Capn_Fish
Gpaint- A program very similar to Microsoft Paint.

Requires:

libgnomeui
libbonoboui
libgnome
gnomevfs
libbonobo
gconf
orbit2
gnome-keyring

Most if not all of these can be found here:

http://zaurus.spy.org/feeds/cacko/pdaXrom/...eta2/c760/feed/

You can start it with #gpaint-2

It works best in portrait mode.
uMP2k
QUOTE(anunakin @ Sep 30 2006, 12:04 AM)
1- Start SERVER
set aifill=7
3- Starts the game!  wink.gif

Try use a SWAP, look at forums for a how to!

Thanks - I will try that.

At the moment I have the older version installed and running. But I will give the swap a try. I would love to get the newer version running.
pungipungi
Port of fltk-bedic to efltk lbrary is now ready.

For further informations please look at the efltk thread: *

anunakin
GaIM 2.0.0 beta3.1

FEED: http://zaurus.vivaphp.net/pdaxrom/misc
IPK: gaim_2.0.0-beta3.1_armv5tel.ipk

IPK for Cxx00:
Compiled, but not saving config files with iwmmx CFLAGs

CODE
Package: gaim
Version: 2.0.0-beta3.1
Maintainer: http://gaim.sf.net/
Description: Send instant messages over multiple protocols: ICQ, MSN, Jabber, Yahoo, ...
Depends: xfree libao gtk2 atk glibc audiofile libz libpng glib2 pango cairo gnutls
Size: 2.5M

Tested and working with ICQ, Yahoo, Jabber/Gmail and MSN biggrin.gif
zi99y
QUOTE(pungipungi @ Oct 3 2006, 10:10 PM)
Port of fltk-bedic to efltk lbrary is now ready.

pungipungi

I'm having great difficulty getting either of your efltk ipks to work-

chess installs but when I run it complains about "libefltk.so.2.0" missing, I see no other package that might provide this.

bedic won't allow me to install the ipk- I get an error relating to "....efltk-bedic/control/control': Not a directory" and I can't unpack the ipk...

Also I have tried adding your page to my feeds and when I try to install that way I just get file not found errors - I think you need to update the package file or something.

ta!
pungipungi
QUOTE(zi99y @ Oct 12 2006, 09:09 PM)

chess installs but when I run it complains about "libefltk.so.2.0" missing, I see no other package that might provide this.

bedic won't allow me to install the ipk- I get an error relating to "....efltk-bedic/control/control': Not a directory" and I can't unpack the ipk...

Please follow the link to the efltk thread given above. There you find the newest efltk packages. Afterwards try to install my packages oncemore.

I will check the efltk-bedic package by the end of the week but I think it only complains about it but installation is ok.

If there are further problems with the ipks then please report it to me by a PM. In the meanwhile you can overcome it with:

tar -xvzf <any-of-my- ipkg>.ipk
then sftp the data.tar.gz file to the zaurus
going to / (or better to /tmp for first seeing what's going on)
tar -xvzf data.tar.gz

For efltk-chess please make a link /usr/bin/gnuchess to the correct location of gnuchess.

Andreas
Lemuus
hi.
http://www.alobbs.com/macchanger/
A GNU/Linux utility for viewing/manipulating the MAC address of network interface.
Features

* Set specific MAC address of a network interface
* Set the MAC randomly
* Set a MAC of another vendor
* Set another MAC of the same vendor
* Set a MAC of the same kind (eg: wireless card)
* Display a vendor MAC list (today, 6800 items) to choose from

Daniel
ZDevil
Crimson Fields 0.4.9 laugh.gif
-- Requires: SDL, SDL_ttf
-- Map editor and other tools plus manpage are all included
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

NoteCase 1.2.3 (Updated)
-- See the screenshot for the new goodies. smile.gif
Click to view attachment
Main program: Click to view attachment
Locale files: Click to view attachment

Xpad 2.12 (Updated)

Man page & locale files: Click to view attachment

Scrot 0.8
-- A small yet very handy commandline screen capturing tool.
-- Written by the author of Feh (a nice picture viewer; there's a package by Chero in his contrib feed).
-- Screenshot are saved in .png format with time stamp added automatically.
-- Easier to use than xwd and no need to convert from .xwd to other formats by the not-so-small imagemagick.
-- Use "scrot --help" to find out the options.

Click to view attachment

Enjoy! smile.gif
daniel3000
QUOTE(ZDevil @ Oct 29 2006, 08:08 PM)
NoteCase 1.2.3 (Updated)
-- See the screenshot for the new goodies. smile.gif
Click to view attachment
Locale files: Click to view attachment

Thanks ZDevil for packaging!

Notecase 1.2.3 has some more Zaurus-specific goodies:
Zaurus-friendly key shortcuts for example, which enable the used to rapidly create outlines without using the stylus at all. Saves a lot of time.
Together with the author, I am working on a version which can be used conveniently on the Zaurus.
There are still some usability issues, which will hopefully be solved in the near future.

daniel
Capn_Fish
I've compiled Battle for Mandicor (an RTS made on the Stratagus engine), and stripped out the sound to make a "lite" version. It's too big to post here, so can somebody host it?

If there's demand I can package up a full version.

Lite ~15 megs installed
Full ~30 megs installed

Thanks!

Edit: Here's a screenshot.
dtruchan
window managa' bonanza
... for beta3

9wm - this is an X window manager which attempts to emulate the Plan 9 window manager 8-1/2.
Click to view attachment

fvwm - you should know what fvwm is. without libstroke support.
Click to view attachment

jwm - Joe's window manager is a simple Xlib-based window manager with sloppy focus and click-to-raise
Click to view attachment

karmen - A simple window manager with a clean look. It doesn't need a config file and has no library dependencies other than Xlib.
Click to view attachment

pwm - This is a lightweight window manager, which can frame multiple client windows within a single frame.
Click to view attachment

ratpoison - A simple lightweight window manager with no fancy graphics or window decorations.
Click to view attachment

waimea - A fast and highly customizable virtual desktop window manager, requires imlib2.
Click to view attachment

wmii - a lightweight window manager that aims to combine the best features of larsWM, Ion, evilwm, and ratpoison.
Click to view attachment

Nothing special here, these are just the default builds.
configuration is up to you.
let me know if you come up with anything cool.
enjoy. smile.gif
Capn_Fish
FreeCnC for those who can try it (it appears to me that you need the game to play it). It's just the directory with the stuff in it, so untar it and run freecnc in the directory.
Antikx
QUOTE(Capn_Fish @ Oct 30 2006, 06:56 AM)
I've compiled Battle for Mandicor (an RTS made on the Stratagus engine), and stripped out the sound to make a "lite" version. It's too big to post here, so can somebody host it?

Here's the lite version:
http://www.tyrannozaurus.com/feed/bfm-lite....2_armv5tel.ipk
As I told Capn_Fish... its not a proper feed so just dload it and install it.
zi99y
Thanks for the stratagus mod, but I get the following error when I try to run it. Any ideas?

stratagus -d /mnt/ide/usr/local/share/bfm
MODEL:SL-C3200
Stratagus default config file loading ...

[string "/mnt/ide/usr/local/share/bfm/scripts/strata..."]:71: attempt to call global `SetMenuBackground' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[string "/mnt/ide/usr/local/share/bfm/scripts/strata..."]:71: in main chunk
deniscallies
Hello Capn_Fish,

tried FreeCnC and it crashes with a SDL Parachute blink.gif
do you have any hints?

thanks Denis
Capn_Fish
I compiled it with my own compiled SDL 1.2.11. It's a development package, but I can attach it this afternoon when I get the chance. I don't know if it will help, but it's worth a shot. If it does, I'll strio down my SDL package into a "normal" version.

BfM is a stand-alone app. You can just run "bfm" after installing it, no need to have Stratagus installed as it's compiled into it.
MONVMENTVM
QUOTE(dtruchan @ Nov 1 2006, 11:31 PM)
window managa' bonanza
... for beta3

9wm - this is an X window manager which attempts to emulate the Plan 9 window manager 8-1/2.
Click to view attachment

fvwm - you should know what fvwm is. without libstroke support.
Click to view attachment

jwm - Joe's window manager is a simple Xlib-based window manager with sloppy focus and click-to-raise
Click to view attachment

karmen - A simple window manager with a clean look. It doesn't need a config file and has no library dependencies other than Xlib.
Click to view attachment

pwm - This is a lightweight window manager, which can frame multiple client windows within a single frame.
Click to view attachment

ratpoison - A simple lightweight window manager with no fancy graphics or window decorations.
Click to view attachment

waimea - A fast and highly customizable virtual desktop window manager, requires imlib2.
Click to view attachment

wmii - a lightweight window manager that aims to combine the best features of larsWM, Ion, evilwm, and ratpoison.
Click to view attachment

Nothing special here, these are just the default builds.
configuration is up to you.
let me know if you come up with anything cool.
enjoy.  smile.gif

That's great! Thank you!

What would be great is to compile FVWM-Crystal for FVWM. Take a look at www.fvwm-crystal.org. It's really nice addon to fvwm.
Capn_Fish
Here's the SDL-devel package. You need to remove your old SDL package, then install this one. If stuff doesn't find the files, you can try copying or linking them from /usr/local/... to /usr/...
zi99y
It seems that the bfm-lite package removed execute permissions across various folder in /usr so that I couldn't even start the gui until I'd been through and tracked down the changed folders.

Anyway, after this, I got into the game but when clicking on start game in the main menu it crashes out with

Can't open file `sounds/music/battleformandicor.ogg'
Can't open file `sounds/music/battleformandicor.ogg'
Can't open file `sounds/music/valmistakauraa.ogg'
Can't open file `sounds/music/valmistakauraa.ogg'
Can't open file: No such file or directory
Fatal signal: Segmentation Fault (SDL Parachute Deployed)

Also I notice that the minimum res is 800x600, has this been tested already?
Capn_Fish
I have tested it. I think that I forgot to mention that in /home NOT /home/xxx there is a directory called .stratagus. You need to move that to your home directory. That should help, as I believe that is where I disabled music.
zi99y
I found the .stratagus folder in /home/user which also needed permissions changing for me to access, and have moved it to my home, but alas I still get the same error as before...

Has anyone else tried it and experienced the same? I'm curious whether its just my system that is being problematic...
deniscallies
Hello,

my freeCnC segfaults on start sad.gif
has anyone got CnC running? At this time I only can use the trial of CnC

thanks, Denis
Capn_Fish
It's probably looking in /home/root, as that's where it was for me (I haven't found a good way to add a user). Try moving it there.
desertrat
!!! ATTENTION !!!

Please be reminded that this thread should only be used for making announcements on new/updated packages. Please take discussions etc to separate threads.

THANK YOU!
ZDevil
Granule 1.2.3
-- GRANULE is a flashcard program that implements Leitner cardfile methodology for learning new words. It features both short-term and long-term memory training capabilities with scheduling.
-- Nice-looking and with voice support by Stardict's pronunciation (haven't tested on Z yet)
-- Supports UTF-8; CJK 100% OK;
-- Supports self-test scheduling;
-- Depends: gtkmm2 (in amagon's feed: http://www.pdaxrom.org/contrib/armagon/ ) and libassa (attached below)
-- Do check out the video tutorials here: http://granule.sourceforge.net/grapp-manual/index.html
-- Source: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/granule...le-1.2.3.tar.gz
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

libassa 3.4.2
-- Required lib for granule
-- Source: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/libassa...-3.4.2-2.tar.gz
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
ZDevil
Hexxagon 1.0
-- Hexxagon is a Ataxx clone. The goal of the game is to conquer as much of the board as possible, which is done by capturing the opponent's pieces or by cloning your own.
-- Very addictive and nice GUI
-- Depends: gtkmm2
-- Rules here: http://www.nesqi.se/hexxagon/index.php?page=60_Rules
-- Source: http://www.nesqi.se/hexxagon/hexxagon/down...gon-1.0.tar.bz2
Capn_Fish
Here it is: Stratagus 2.2 alpha. It wouldn't install into a directory, so I'm posting just the executable. Let me know (in a new thread, please) if there are issues, and I'll try to find the source of the problem.

You can get the alpha of BoS's data at the Stratagus website.

Edit: The executable is all you need. You can put it wherever you want and run it, but you have to point it to the BoS data. It seems to hang if you don't have swap, however.
Capn_Fish
Prozilla 2.0.4
igorekk
New Gaim beta smile.gif
Gaim 2.0.0beta4
igorekk
Bluefish html editor.
Bluefish 1.0.7
2or0
RLPlot 1.2

Description from homepage
RLPlot is is a plotting program to create high quality graphs from data. Based on values stored in a spreadsheet several menus help you to create graphs of your choice. The Graphs are displayed as you get them (Wysiwyg). Double click any element of the graph (or a single click with the right mouse button) to modify its properties.

Screenshot
Click to view attachment

Homepage
http://rlplot.sourceforge.net/
igorekk
GtkPod - iPod manager for Linux.

libgpod_0.4
GtkPod 0.99.8

PS. Not tested on my iPod yet wink.gif
2or0
QComicBook 0.3.3

Description
QComicBook is a viewer for comic book archives containing jpeg/png images, which aims at convenience and simplicity

Click to view attachment

Requirement
imlib2 - http://mail.pdaxrom.org/contrib/Chero/

Homepage
http://linux.bydg.org/~yogin
ZDevil
Defendguin 0.0.11
-- Shoot Bill ~!
-- With joystick support
-- Requires: sdl sdl-mixer
-- How to play: defendguin --help
-- Homepage: http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/defendguin/
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Gem Drop X 0.9
-- Play in portrait mode
-- Requires: sdl sdl-image sdl-mixer
-- How to play: gemdropx --help
-- Homepage: http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/gemdropx/
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Bobobot preview3
-- Megaman becomes a super-monkey!
-- Nice graphic and sound
-- Requires: sdl sdl-mixer
-- How to play: bobobot --help
-- Screen is a bit small, but is fully playable! Zoom-in may do.
-- Homepage: http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/bobobot/
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Click to view attachment

icbm3d (Inter-Continental Ballistic Missiles, 3D ) 0.4
-- A 3D version of the apocalyptic missile command for Linux
-- How to play: icbm3d -h
-- Homepage: http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/icbm3d/
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
ZDevil
Bomberclone 0.11.7
-- A clone of BomberMan
-- Nice graphic and sound
-- Requires: sdl sdl-mixer sdl-image libpng
-- Homepage: http://www.bomberclone.de/

NEW UPLOADs:
The site admin has just released the 5MB upload limit. So here is the full package in one piece. Have fun! smile.gif

Click to view attachment
2or0
PyMoney 1.1

This is a personal financial assistant for Sharp rom by Dmitri Brechalov. I repackaged it for pdaXrom. Also I got pyqt and repackaged it. For more screen shots and detail description, visit its homepage.

Descriptions
PyMoney is a personal financial assistant for personal use. It can help you with your family budget, for instance. The program can work with several accounts in different currencies, transfer money from one account to another.

Screenshot
Click to view attachment

[Requirements]
python
python-pickle from official feed
pyqt
sip

Homepage
http://zpymoney.sourceforge.net/

EDIT
I repacked sip too.
dtruchan
git - Fast Version Control System

http://git.or.cz/

Click to view attachment

For some tools you'll need perl.
gitk requires tcl/tk.
git-http-fetch and git-http-push require libcurl, libgcrypt, openssl.
You can use git without ever needing those tools, so I didn't add the dependencies to the package. If you need or want them, install the required packages.
hermocom
New packages in our pdaXrom feed:
http://www.hermocom.com/feeds/pdaxrom1.1.0beta3/

New Sylpheed 2.2.10 email client

epdfview 0.1.5 lightweight PDF viewer
and its dependency poppler 0.5.4
edited: This program works only with freetype >= 2.1.10.
If you have an earlier version installed, you can download and install Freetype 2.1.10 from here (post #45).
However, please be aware that freetype is needed by the GUI package manager. So it is strongly recommended to (un)install freetype using the command line!

xcardscheme 0.0.2 (edited: changed name from gcardscheme to xcardscheme, because gcardscheme existed already!)
which is the first version of a PCMCIA/CF card scheme switcher with GUI.
Depends on Xdialog, which is available in this feed:
http://www.pdaxrom.org/contrib/dtruchan/.
If you defined more than one scheme in the "LAN & WIFI config" under "System tools", you can use gcardscheme to switch between them without using the console. It's a replacement for the "cardctl scheme" command.
Please test! Does anyone know how to make the font bigger?

scmxx 0.9.0
command line access to Siemens mobile phones over IrDA or Bluetooth (SMS, phonebook etc.)

Have fun!
Daniel
Capn_Fish
Dillo 0.8.6 without the download GUI.
Darth_Sith
But is normal that dillo hasn't option and hasn't tab?
InSearchOf
Please refrain from posting questions in the New Package Announcement Thread

This thread was solely created for use of posting announcements.

If there are issue or question regarding a package announced in here, please post a new thread.

Thanks
2or0
[Updated] Xournal 0.3.2

Xournal is an application for notetaking, sketching, keeping a journal using a stylus.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Hardinfo 0.4.2RC1

HardInfo is a system information and benchmark tool for Linux systems.
Features:
Using HardInfo, you can:
- Get information about your computer:
Processor
Operating System
Languages
Sensors
Filesystems
Shared Directories
Display
Network Interfaces
Users
- Its devices (and what controls them):
Kernel Modules
PCI Devices
USB Devices
Printers
Input Devices
Storage
- Benchmark:
ZLib
MD5 and SHA1
Blowfish
- And generate nicely-formatted HTML reports

Click to view attachment
badog
QUOTE(igorekk @ Nov 10 2006, 08:20 AM)
New Gaim beta smile.gif
Gaim 2.0.0beta4

thx very much.
we need gaim2.0.0beta5.
there is qq in gaim2.0.0beta5 .hehe
please open qq in Makefile.mingw .
can you help us?
InSearchOf
QUOTE(badog @ Nov 28 2006, 12:58 PM)
thx very much.
we need gaim2.0.0beta5.
can you help us?

Once Again...

If there are issue or question regarding a package announced in here, please post a new thread.

Thanks
badog
QUOTE(InSearchOf @ Nov 28 2006, 06:46 PM)
QUOTE(badog @ Nov 28 2006, 12:58 PM)
thx very much.
we need gaim2.0.0beta5.
can you help us?

Once Again...

Thanks

thank you for help.
QQ (one PIM in China) protocol was newly added to gaim2.0.0beta4&5.
but QQ protocol was annotated in Makefile.mingw of gaime2.0.2beat4.tar.gz
please you look to the Makefile of gaim2.0.0beta5 before compliling.
we hope QQ protocol to be holded in new gaim for pdaXrom.
thanks again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.