Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oz 3.5.4 Gpe Icon Highlight Text Colour Too Dark
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > Angstrom & OpenZaurus
bladerunner
I'm running OZ 3.5.4 on a Collie using GPE. It appears that the highlight colour on a selected icon is too dark so that the icon text cannot be read. sad.gif Unselected icons are OK.

If I export the window manager to my PC desktop then the icon text is black, on the Z the icon text is white. On the PC I can highlight the icon using cursor keys and the highlight is OK with white icon text on a black highlight box. So it seems that on the Z LCD the wrong colours are being used for icon text. In other words the highlight should be white text on a black box but I get black text on a black box !! huh.gif

Any suggestions on working around this ?

Thanks.
koen
QUOTE(bladerunner @ Mar 25 2006, 04:27 PM)
I'm running OZ 3.5.4 on a Collie using GPE. It appears that the highlight colour on a selected icon is too dark so that the icon text cannot be read.  sad.gif  Unselected icons are OK.

If I export the window manager to my PC desktop then the icon text is black, on the Z the icon text is white. On the PC I can highlight the icon using cursor keys and the highlight is OK with white icon text on a black highlight box. So it seems that on the Z LCD the wrong colours are being used for icon text. In other words the highlight should be white text on a black box but I get black text on a black box !! huh.gif

Any suggestions on working around this ?

Thanks.

File a bug for this in the bugtracker for matchbox (bugzilla.o-hand.com)
grog
I just set my brackground settings to gradient to 'fix' the problem. hth
bladerunner
QUOTE(grog @ Mar 25 2006, 06:22 PM)
I just set my brackground settings to gradient to 'fix' the problem. hth

Thanks, that worked!! I've raised a bug report as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.