Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Hentges 3.5.4.1 Image
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > Angstrom & OpenZaurus
Storm
Not meaning to push, Coredump...

Do you have an estimate on when/whether a 3.5.4.1-based Hentges ROM is coming out? Do you have a timeframe on it?

Thanks,
--Storm
CoreDump
QUOTE(Storm @ Mar 25 2006, 06:49 PM)

Do you have an estimate on when/whether a 3.5.4.1-based Hentges ROM is coming out? Do you have a timeframe on it?

Thanks,
--Storm

I've had to rewrite the meta-data of Hentges to be able to build GPE and e17 images. This took quite some work and a lot of time but I believe it was worth it.

I'm currently working on polishing the GPE image. As this will be the first Hentges GPE image ever, that's going to take some more time (and work) smile.gif

It's looking good tho.

When I'm happy with GPE, Opie is next. I do not expect too many issues there.
A new RC could be possible by the end of next week.
Storm
QUOTE(CoreDump @ Mar 25 2006, 01:06 PM)
QUOTE(Storm @ Mar 25 2006, 06:49 PM)

Thanks,
--Storm

I've had to rewrite the meta-data of Hentges to be able to build GPE and e17 images. This took quite some work and a lot of time but I believe it was worth it.

I'm currently working on polishing the GPE image. As this will be the first Hentges GPE image ever, that's going to take some more time (and work) smile.gif

It's looking good tho.

When I'm happy with GPE, Opie is next. I do not expect too many issues there.
A new RC could be possible by the end of next week.

Outstanding! Thanks Coredump.

Now, I have to ask...Will the E17 image work on the collie? I've used Enlightenment since back when the preview came available in 1996, and have used all of them from DR0.3 on...I hope it'll work on the SL-5500...

--Storm
CoreDump
E17 on Collie won't be fun due to its small screen and slow CPU.
It is rather sluggish at times on Akita which has a 400MHz CPU.

If there will be an image, it's going to be a non-flashable rootfs for SD / CF installation.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.