Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Irda Applet - Pocketop
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > Angstrom & OpenZaurus
steven999
Hi All,

After reading other posts, I got my Pocketop keyboard working with OZ after killing the irattach process. I was wondering then what the IRDA Applet is supposed to do when you click "Disable IRDA", as it didn't kill irattach, and if irattach isn't killed then the pocketop won't work.

Since I likely won't ever use IR for beaming, what's the best way to disable irattach from running on the Zaurus altogether, but still have the ability to turn it on if one wants to?

Thanks!
steven
lardman
Rename the binary?

Then you can explicitly call it yourself as and when you need to.

Si
steven999
Hi Lardman,

I'm not sure what renaming the binary is going to do, and still don't know what the irda applet is supposed to do when you use it to enable/disable (is it supposed to kill the irattach process?).

I think I might just go mess with the rc#.d and remove the script from there on startup.

Thanks!
steven

QUOTE(lardman @ Mar 26 2006, 08:25 AM)
Rename the binary?

Then you can explicitly call it yourself as and when you need to.

Si
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.