I brought up a number of issues with the current alpha release of OZ for the C3000 in its own thread but a number of my questions have remained unanswered so I'm hoping that by breaking off into a new thread I've got a better chance of getting an answer
1. Will there be an easy way to turn off an inserted wifi card without using the command line in the next release? Maybe there already is a way that I don't know about? If so it isn't very obvious and should be moved to being under the wifi icon. I suppose I'll have to add this, as well as a search option in the package manager, to the GPE wishlist and wait for the next GPE release will I, or is that wifi tool not actually part of GPE (matchbox?)?
2. I didn't get to check for it myself whilst I was testing butI think it is Da_Blitz who has been protesting about lack of an overclocking tool. Will this be in the next alpha/beta?
3. Will the pxa video acceleration routines make it in time for 188.8.131.52 final or will we have to wait longer for that?
4. The install guide recommends standard partitioning, but can we already use a custom partition map? Are there certain rules I must abide by for it to work? If we can do this then I'd like to see the install instructions updated because when I next install OZ I will want a bigger root partition.
5. The openembedded bug tracker still doesn't have an option for reporting bugs against 184.108.40.206. Have any of the packaging bugs I mentioned been fixed then? Specifically-
GPE-filemanger dependency probs (won't install)
beep-media-player doesn't work
Greyed-out spell-check option in Abiword even though aspell was installed
I'm presuming that all these three are bugs to be tracked against openembedded?
6. I started a separate thread in the OZ/GPE forum asking if it was possible to import data from the cacko calendar into the GPE calendar but no-one replied. It would be a shame if this remained a problem for people migrating to GPE. I'm presuming this isn't possible yet.
7. Where possible gpe-filemanager should be included as standard in OZ/GPE- will it be included in the next OZ/GPE release for the C3000?
Again, Big Thanks to the OZ devs! If i wasn't absolutely stone cold broke (I have £10 to my name now, I'm unemployed and can't claim any benefits) I would buy my own Z and make a good donation to this project as it think its one of the most exciting software projects around.