Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trying To Build Oz 3.5.4 For Collie
OESF Forums > Distros, Development, and Model Specific Forums > Distro Support and Discussion > Angstrom & OpenZaurus
bladerunner
I'm trying to build OZ 3.5.4 for collie for myself but I'm having trouble following the example local.conf. mad.gif Is it just me ? sad.gif

I installed the ARM cross-compiler on my Linux PC and that works because I can create a hello world program and run it on my collie ( with OZ 3.5.4 installed ).

The build error I'm getting is related to not finding the right compiler...

| checking for arm-linux-gcc... arm-linux-gcc -march=armv4 -mtune=xscale
| checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables

... it seems to try to run arm-linux-gcc and fail, not surprising as the WiKi said rename the compiler to arm-linux-gcc-2.95. Perhaps configure is supposed to try another compiler before failing ??

So I think I'm a bit confused with the ASSUMED_PROVIDED and PREFERRED_PROVIDERS settings in local.conf.

Please can someone post a working local.conf for the collie. It may help others as well. smile.gif

Thanks.
koen
QUOTE(bladerunner @ Mar 27 2006, 08:53 PM)
Please can someone post a working local.conf for the collie. It may help others as well.  smile.gif

The local.conf.openzaurus-3.5.4 should work (once renamed to local.conf), since that's the file hrw uses to build OZ.
bladerunner
QUOTE(koen @ Mar 27 2006, 09:24 PM)
Please can someone post a working local.conf for the collie. It may help others as well.  smile.gif

The local.conf.openzaurus-3.5.4 should work (once renamed to local.conf), since that's the file hrw uses to build OZ.

Thanks. However, I can't seem to find it. sad.gif
Please can you tell me the location of local.conf.openzaurus-3.5.4 or post a copy of it ?
koen
QUOTE(bladerunner @ Mar 27 2006, 09:32 PM)
QUOTE(koen @ Mar 27 2006, 09:24 PM)

Thanks. However, I can't seem to find it. sad.gif
Please can you tell me the location of local.conf.openzaurus-3.5.4 or post a copy of it ?

org.openembedded.oz354fam083/conf/local.conf.openzaurus-3.5.4

or

org.openembedded.oz354x/conf/local.conf.openzaurus-3.5.4

or

http://ewi546.ewi.utwente.nl/tmp/viewmtn/m...32feb&path=conf
bladerunner
Thanks koen, I've found the example local.conf.openzaurus-3.5.4 , I was using the dev branch ( I'm new to this ).

Unfortunately, local.conf.openzaurus-3.5.4 does not help as it does not contain ASSUME_PROVIDED += "virtual/arm-linux-gcc-2.95". Is the WiKi correct ?

Please can someone post a working local.conf for collie or provide instructions to get the arm-linux-gcc-2.95 toolchain to be used by local.conf. The WiKi fails to explain why the rename is required, perhaps I'm looking at the wrong WiKi page or misunderstood something? Any suggestions ?

Also, what are the valid strings for DISTRO and DISTRO_VERSION for OZ 3.5.4 ?
Is DISTRO = "openzaurus-3.5.4" correct with no DISTRO_VERSION specified ?

Is it just me ? sad.gif

Thanks.
koen
QUOTE(bladerunner @ Mar 28 2006, 06:10 AM)
Thanks koen, I've found the example local.conf.openzaurus-3.5.4 , I was using the dev branch ( I'm new to this ).

Unfortunately, local.conf.openzaurus-3.5.4 does not help as it does not contain ASSUME_PROVIDED += "virtual/arm-linux-gcc-2.95". Is the WiKi correct ?

openzaurus.conf (in conf/distro) already specifies this for you, the wiki is still correct
Hrw
CODE
MACHINE="collie"
DISTRO="openzaurus-3.5.4"
BBFILES="path_to_org.openembedded.oz354fam083/packages/*/*.bb" # or org.openembedded.oz354x

should be enough. gcc-2.95.3 is ASSUMED in openzaurus-3.5.4.conf

There was a discussion on OE mailing list about that sample config - I will maybe commit simpler version of it.
bladerunner
Thanks. I can now build the packages OK although I have not tested them.

I have updated the WiKi GettingStarted and created a new page LocalConfExamples

I suggest the LocalConfExamples page is used to show example configurations and to explain how the local.conf files works.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.